Help my backup when worg!!

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #87526

Hi

i make a backup off my siz, but som ting when worg and the hole ting i down.
So now i hope that you guys can tell me how do i manlluy save the ting the are program in hikashop, so i dont lose every ting that i hafe build up the last to mondes off time :pinch:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #87582

Hi,

What have you lost ? Products, categories ? Images ? CSS customizations ? Views edition ?

11 years 3 months ago #88067

i hope not. I have the backup file wiht all in but xcloner has make somting worg so i cant upload it anign. so i wornder if i can take the hika folder's and hika form the database an copy the over to a size that is working :)

rigth now my site is runne but in backend there are some problems, whit the joomla system.

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by the heatkiller.

• Thank you received: 13075
11 years 2 months ago #88257

Hi,

Well, it's not easy to backup only HikaShop data since HikaShop is linked with Joomla's data. For example, your orders are linked to the users in Joomla and your Hikashop menus and modules are saved in Joomla tables while the HikaShop options are stored in HikaShop tables.
So based on the data you already have in Hikashop and what you want to keep, you might need to backup joomla's stuff as well.

In short, all the data of Hikashop is stored in the hikashop files in the database. And the files uploaded for HikaShop are stored in the folder media/com_hikashop. If you have view files overrides, they are in the folder templates/your_template/html/com_hikashop
So you would have to first export all that. Then, install the same version of HikaShop on the other site and finally important all that data back in the new website.

The problem is that if you don't export/import as well the users of Joomla and that they get the same ids in the new website, the orders/addresses won't be linked to a user or not to the correct ones. You will have to redo your menus and modules.

The following user(s) said Thank You: the heatkiller

11 years 2 months ago #88750

Thanks My size is op and running with any problemes and i have all then ting i put in hikshop and my templat :cheer:

I copy the folders fore the backup put them in the ny sizt, and copy the tables from the backup databse ;)

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds