Error 404 category / product not found

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #87600

Hi, I tested Hikashop and work fine..

Now, in the front end, when you select a product from category, or add a product to basket or you log in as user for a order,

you will receive a 404 error ..for product or category (it depends) not found..

I search in the forum but not solved.. (checked the SEO options... reinstall component..)

The SEO rewrite in joomla is off.

link to the menù that list the product is:

www.cepstore.it/index.php/articoli-sospesi

if you select the item.. error appear..or even if add to basket...

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by MasterFish. Reason: link not visible

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #87624

Solved with SEO off in Joomla configuration...

is it the only solution?

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #87630

Hi,

The link given don't allow us to click on a product. And no menus bring us to a product listing, or product page...
So could you create us an account and add an access to the shop ?

11 years 3 months ago #87632

I solved with SEO off in the Joomla configuration, so I turn off the menus because I was testing.

There's an alternative to solve the problem with SEO on?

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #87646

I think that you have to edit your .htaccess file parameters.
The default htaccess file is well documented, you have to follow the instructions.

If it still doesn't work, you have maybe to use sh404sef.

9 years 2 weeks ago #199294

Hello,

I have the exact same problem with my Hikashop. Once I turn on SEO in joomla and use Rewrite option, new products don't show anymore. Product not found.

Can you give me some pointers or link to solve this problem with -htaccess file? I cannot find the instructions.

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13082
9 years 1 week ago #199335

Hi,

The error from @MasterFish was a 404 http error which is common with Joomla SEF when the links are not correct on the website.
Recent versions of HikaShop can't have that problem anymore with Joomla's SEF system as we added securities to prevent that in HikaShop's code.

The issue you're describing is actually totally different since you don't have a 404 error but a "product not found" error.
So we would need more information on what you did to be able to help you. Could you provide a link to the listing of the products where these links don't work so that we can look at the problem ?

8 years 11 months ago #202196

Hi!
hikashop 2.4.0
joomla 3.4

I had the same problem, if in hika configuration---> SEF url options---->Remove products and categories id in URLs---> set YES
On front end product listing was fine, but when click on product link (try to get product page) i had error message "Product not found"

Problem is only when importing product data from csv or ect. I check the database and figure out, the problem coming from product_alias...it was empty. Alias automatic filling was set "YES"
When you import products from csv, product_alias will NOT filling automatic, that cause the problem.

Solutions
1. Turn off (set NO) "Remove products and categories id in URLs " in configuration on page SEF url otions.
2. In your csv file give a column with name "product_alias" and fill with data.
3. Imort your csv--->open the product in administartor--->simple save it without change anything (when you save the product hikasop is auto fill product_alias if this option is set on)---and done.

Or maybe Developers take this on "to do list" and product import will fill autamaticly the product_alias column.

Hikashop is one of the best shop systems, and always will better and better, thank's for it!

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds