HikaShop 2.1.0 beta

• Thank you received: 13075
11 years 3 months ago #87612

HikaShop 2.1.0 beta

Hi,

With HikaShop 2.0.0, we started to publish a beta version of HikaShop before each release. That allowed us to catch a few things before the stable release. Which is why we're continuing on that path a releasing a beta of the 2.1.0 for a few days so that we can get feedback from everyone before publishing the new version as final. Of course, we already did a testing phase internally but there are always things that you can't catch so we're hopeful that a maximum of persons will be able to try it out and find bugs.

That new version brings mainly:

• A PostFinance payment plugin
  • A new and easy (we hope) to use configuration page
  • An option to reset invoice ids periodically (useful when you want to restart your invoice numbering to 0 each year, each month, etc)
  • A new checkout workflow editor
  • An image selector in the backend when editing your products
  • A backend interface to manage Waitlists
  • The auto linkage of subcategories to submenu items (to avoid duplicate content with two categories listing URLs going to the same page)
  • Categories and products alias
as well as a lot of fixes and some improvements (details will be published in the change log for the final release).

Note that this beta version should not be used in production for now. Also, this is the starter edition so be careful of not updating a Business edition with it as you will loose the Business edition features.

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks

Also, for translators, we've uploaded the new translation files with the new translation strings so you can already translate the new keys.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Jerome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome, tjharvey, rmakarov, viocassel
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 2
11 years 3 months ago #87683

Cool! Looks great. Tks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
  • Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #87820

Nicolas,

Will you be releasing also beta for business edition at some point?

Thanks,

Karol

11 years 3 months ago #87839

We can send a Business edition beta package to you if you ask for it via our contact form with your order number.

11 years 3 months ago #87868

Hi,
I've been "playing around" with the new beta and so far everything smooth and nicer :) The only thing I wasn't able to perform was an import of product or products using either the cdv or the text area from an export of the version 2.0. The system stuck (while importing only one product) and couldn't complete it.

One single question - is this beta version ok to update the previous 2.0 without loosing any data?

Thanks

11 years 3 months ago #87870

Hi,

The import should work the same in both versions. Maybe you didn't had the characteristics/custom fields in place in your new website when testing ?

Yes, you won't loose any data when updating to it, even from older versions of HikaShop. I would still recommend to do a backup before in case something goes wrong. Remember that this is a beta :)

11 years 3 months ago #87872

Thanks Nicolas,

Well, I just did a one product csv export from the 2.0 and used it to add a new product and probably that was the reason.
As for the update, yes... :) a back up is always a good safe solution.
Thanks

11 years 3 months ago #87967

Hi,

The beta package has been updated.

It fixes the emails handling.
We have added a new system for our development needs to display the emails generated instead of sending them. Unfortunately, the beta package still contained this system.
The updated beta package has that development system removed so that you can get the emails normally.

11 years 2 months ago #88024

Noticed that :) So where's the update? The same file in this thread?

11 years 2 months ago #88025

Yes. I've updated the file from the first post.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mcruip
11 years 2 months ago #88026

Thanks.

11 years 2 months ago #88193

Updating over 2.0 gives the following error:

ALTER TABLE `#__hikashop_order` ADD `order_invoice_created` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

(MySQL 5.5.28 | PHP 5.3.20)

11 years 2 months ago #88224

Thank you for the feedback. It's corrected now. I've updated the beta package. Note that it happened only with the joomla debug mode turned on.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mcruip
11 years 2 months ago #88228

Well, it was not the case - debug in this case is always set to "System default", but I checked the #__hikashop_order and the change has been made despite the error.
Thanks Nicolas

11 years 2 months ago #88283

Noticed that when the multi columns/row products module is rendered with free products side-by-side with non free products, the row might not close properly if the free product is the last in the row. In this case, the next row will not render correctly (the first product of the second row will render between the last product of the first row and the next products).

I found that in com_hikashop/product/quantity.php there seems to be a line missing at the end of the elseif statement sequence (about line 134) that would allow the possible free priced products (that have no add to cart button) to properly display the div dimensions. For testing purposes, I added a <div class="hikashop_product_stock"> </div> and the above described issue was solved, I mean, the rows and respective columns now render correctly without breaking.
(using bootstrap and products with image and title and add to cart buttons)

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by mcruip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds