HikaShop user control panel - disappearing text

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #88163

I'm using Joomla 2.5.8 with the Beez20 template (slightly customised). I have a menu pointing to the HS user control panel. The control panel displays OK but when I mouse over a row, the text disappears and the background goes from white to off-white. I thought this would just be some CSS :hover magic, which I can normally find using Chrome's element inspection tools. But an hour later and I haven't a clue why this is happening. I have disabled Javascript to no avail.

Help! What/where is handling mouse overs for a HS user control panel row?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #88180

No worries, I finally figured it out. Each row has an outer <a> which my Beez20 template has a :hover CSS style that changes the font to white and the background to blue, but because the <a> is outside a nested set of formatted <div>s they don't react to the blue background style.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #99086

I have a similar problem with the Yooma Drive template. I do not know any web scripting languages or HTML. When I use Firebug to inspect the element, it looks like it's changing dynamically with a hover and there's definitely a reference to HikaShop in the format changes made while hovering. I'm pretty much a beginner with both HikaShop and Joomla but have learned enough to put together a simple website with shopping abilities (which I can't share due to confidentiality issues). Is there any way to solve this without diving into code that may get overwritten with a future update of either HikaShop or Joomla?

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 1 month ago #99115

It's probably just a CSS issue which probably can be overridden with a simple CSS line of code.
So no dive in the code.

However, to tell you precisely what CSS to use, we would need to be able to see the page with the problem and use Firebug to analyze the CSS of the page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shinehaid

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #99228

Found it, using Firebug. Fixed it and probably broke something else. BTW, it's in a frontend css file in the cpanel hover area. Changing the color to all 0's seems to make the hilight color become transparent. As it is, the wrong hilight color renders some text nearly invisible.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds