Upgrade deletes Custom Fields & Custom Order #'s

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #88386

I've just upgraded my HS Business from v2.0.0 dated june 2012 to the most recent version the changelog shows as the same version 2.0.0 dated "November 2012". First off i'm a little confused about this different release of the same version 5 months later.

I'm experiencing a situation where after upgrading all of my custom fields used for my checkout have been deleted. I have tried to recreate them and now they will not publish at all. One of the custom fields i was able to recreate in the Custom Fields manager. Another one i cannot recreate as i receive an error that the item already exists in the database. I see know way to fix this as i don't know how to delete it out of the db to recreate it.

The other issue is that my custom order #'s have been reset to the HS default. An easy fix but somewhat annoying as i just launched this site and am now find out these issues which i did not expect to occur.

If anyone knows of a patch or easy way to correct these would be great.

Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
11 years 2 months ago #88526

Hi,

It's not possible that HikaShop delete orders and custom fields from the database during an update. There is no such code which could do that.
I'm guessing that during the update, some table structure couldn't be updated successfully and thus the MySQL queries loading the orders/fields crash and you don't see any on the listings, or something like that.
I would recommend to follow the procedure here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...lity-issues.html#SQL
If what I'm thinking is right, that should allow you to fix your issue.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #88718

After looking into this further it turns out the update link from within the Joomla Extension manager download and installed the Essential version of the HS cart software and not the Business version update which was installed. This is the only explanation i can find for the features becoming disabled.

I downloaded the update from my HS user account and installed it and all the features were available again.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds