Categories listing

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #89203

Hi there,
I have a problem while list categories - I want every subcategory on a new line but I am not able to manage that. I have tried to add
display: block;
to
frontend_default.css
but did not work. Also I have tried to add <br /> to list_listing.php, but it the items has not been aligned left

page: www.chameleonka.eu

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
11 years 2 months ago #89221

Hi,

Your CSS of frontend_default.css (line 44) make a floated list:.hikashop_category_list_item, .hikashop_product_list_item { float: left; }|/code] You do modify directly the hikashop CSS ? It would be better to use our backend interface which would protect your modification during updates (by creating custom css files). Regards,[code].hikashop_category_list_item, .hikashop_product_list_item {
float: left;
}|/code]
You do modify directly the hikashop CSS ?
It would be better to use our backend interface which would protect your modification during updates (by creating custom css files).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #89226

I am not sure if I understood perfect..
Yes, I have edited "frontend_default.css" located at: /www/media/com_hikashop/css

Should I modify the file "backend_default.css"? If so, in which way?

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #89381

You artisteer template is overriding our CSS properties. Try to remove the padding for the element ".hikashop_category_list_item a{}" in your template.css file in your template folder.

And what Jerome said is that it's better to edit the frontend_default.css file from our interface instead of via FTP to not loose your modifications.
You have to edit id in HikaShop > Configuration > Display > "Edit the Front end CSS file".

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ottis

11 years 2 months ago #89395

Thanks for your answer. Although I can not find any "hikashop" entry in the template.css file I have removed the padding element in general "a" entry and works fine now.

Thanks to the advice how to safely edit the css file, will do that way since now.
Regards Jan.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds