Login Not Working

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
11 years 2 months ago #90013

Hi,
I upgraded to 2.5.9 and upgraded a HikaShop plugin and now my frontend customer login has stopped working.
No error message or any other indication as to what might be wrong, have you any ideas or has this happened to other HikaShop users.

I checked the forums and nothing is showing up.

please advise.
Regards
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 2 months ago #90028

URGENT! I just noticed that wereas before the login problem items would say login for prices now they are saying Free, this is not good and I know this is a HikaShop issue not a joomla one.

I do not want to take my store off-line but may have to if I can not fix this asap.

many thanks
Bob

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #90054

Hi,

Have you updated HikaShop to the latest version 2.1.0 ?

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 2 months ago #90061

Yes I have updated to 2.1.0 yesterday actually.
I have edited the language file to say 'Log in to see prices' as I had forgotten that when you update the HikaShop or or is it because I did a fresh install that it dumped a new language file on top of my edited one.

Still concerned about not being able to login?

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by freemanbob.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #90112

Hi,

If you modify the language file, the best is to use the "override" part which is stored in a file which would not overwrite during updates/install.
About your login problem, would it be possible to have an access to your store ?
Because we do not have such problem on our side, it is possible to log-in in our demo website so, the best would be to have an access in order to see it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 2 months ago #90123

Hi Jerome,
I just tried to set up a test account with manager and registered permissions.
I just tried to login to the back end with the new account and it would not let me log in the backend either.

So it would seem that the only user that can log in to the back end is the super users. But the super user can not log in to the front end either.

I will get back to you about letting you in using my super user account, i'll sleep on it.
Thanks for answering the post.

Bob

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #90152

Hi,

You can create a new user in the "Administrator" group, and this user should have access to the backend, unless you have edited the ACL.
The Super User should have access on the frontend..

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 2 months ago #90183

Hi,
I have been trawling the joomla forums and this problem seems to be an ongoing problem from at least 2008????
One suggestion was to switch off each plugin one by one to determine if it is a plugin compatibility problem and the only updates I have made have been HikaShop so something to look at perhaps.

I would appriciate any suggestions and will think about access to the backend for Jerome. I'll have a go at setting up another manager account and see what happens.

Really disappointed at the lack of answers and the impact on my users and my site.

Bob

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 2 months ago #90201

I have set up a test user with admin rights and I was able to login to the backend but not able to login to the front end.
I can not login to the front end with the super user no responce, no error and I checked to see if I was logged by going to the administrator area to check on who was logged in.

Really getting serious now. I am mid way through stopping each plugin one by one.

Bob

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #90213

Hi,

We can't help you if we do not have any access or link to your store.

About your login problem, would it be possible to have an access to your store ?
Because we do not have such problem on our side, it is possible to log-in in our demo website so, the best would be to have an access in order to see it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 2 months ago #90275

Hi All, I FOUND THE PROBLEM (at least for me)

I have been trying for the past three days to fix my problem which was the front end login stopped working. No error message just refreshed page and ignoring every login and password even super admin.

I was running joomla 2.5.8 and followed the upgrade process as usual and upgraded to 2.5.9. I also upgrade my HikaShop to 2.1.0 then it all went horribly wrong, not being able to determine which upgrade was the culprit.

I trawled the forums looking for an answer and many people seemed to be experiencing similar problems with no real clear cut reason why (joomla has a history of login function stopping all the way back to 2008????? why is that?????)

So I decided to switch off every plugin (not the modules) and switch on, the ones that were turned off, one.... at.... a.... time.... and eventually I discovered that the login started working again after I had switched on the EUCookieDirectiveLite the plugin was switched off over a month ago (perhaps a good idea to delete unwanted plugins rather than keep them) and I still do not know why this plugin should effect joomla's login or if HikaShop's upgrade had anything to do with it.

I should also mention that I cleared all cookies from Chrome just before I noticed the login not working, not sure if that is relevant.

I hope this is of some help, I am still concerned about the fact that login problems have been around for so long!

Please add to this post if you find out why an switched off plugin should have an impact on logins after an upgrade, one for the hard core programmers.

Love & Unity
Bobfreedom

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds