Problems after update to 2.1 version

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 2 months ago #90155

After doing the upgrade to the 2.1 version i no longer can add images to products.

When i add them on the products-screen all goes well, untill i click Save then the image isnt saved and the default empty box is shown instead.

The products that already hads an image are untouched by this, but changing or adding a picture is impossible now for me.

I checked the permissions of the folders and these are 755.

update ...
When i manuall place a image in he media/com_hikashop/upload folder then can choose it while ediing a product, but after clicking Save it is not only not saved, but the image also deleted from the upload folder.

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Huub.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #90169

Thanks to enable the debug mode and the error reporting to "maximum" and tell us if there is any error returned.
Can you try with 775 permission ?

11 years 2 months ago #90176

Thank you for your help Xavier .....i tried the 775, that didnt help and with debug mode and reporting to maximum i got no error message ....
when i save the product after changing/adding a picture it says that all is saved ...but in fact it isnt :(

This really is holding me up now :(

11 years 2 months ago #90178

Just discovered something weird ... these were my steps ...

1. edit a product
2. change the image and see it well in the edit screen
3. click Save and it is gone in the edit screen ...so it shows the default image for a product

BUT .....

4. i checked the upload folder and there the image was gone also (so it made at least sense the edit screen didnt show it anymore, since it wasnt there)
5. i used ftp to upload the image again to the upload folder and then it shows also in the frontend

So ....

when editing the name of the image and location is saved as it should ...but for some strange reason the image gets deleted from the image upload folder

11 years 2 months ago #90181

Yes i double checked it ....

Clicking Save in the edit screen of the product deletes the image from the upload folder.
That seems to be the problem.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #90208

Hi,

I guess that the upload works fine but when you save the product just after, the image is deleted.
The popup add the image to the product so you do not require to save the product just after.
The popup would add some HTML content into the form too. This HTML content contains the image identifier in order to tell that the image is linked to this product.
If the image is not used by any other product, HikaShop would try to remove it.

It means that, the html added by the popup do not work right for you.
I made some tests in my local website and I cannot reproduce it. Which Internet browser do you use ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #90212

Thanks for your reply Jerome but i dont think thats the problem.

When i pick an image, click OK, then pop-up closes and the chooses picture is displayed as it should as the added picture ....so far all is fine and there no longer is a popup.

Then i save the product ....after filling in the remaining fields that i want to fill in and then when i click Save, to save the product the image file is deleted from the upload folder.

i did clear cache ...tried several browser (chrome and firefox active as we speak).

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #90214

Hi,

It's exactly the process problem that I have described :)

REgards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #90225

I tried the exact same procedure in Firefox and exact the same thing happens.
The uploaded image or the one already in the uploadfolder and used in the product gets physically deleted from the upload folder.

I am using J3 with the lates Hikashop version and no customizations beyond the size of the price in the css file :)

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 2 months ago #90406

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the problem with the access your provided.
I've created a product and tried several things (add a new image of my cat, select an existing image, save the product before, in between the two images, after, etc). I've never had an image deleted.

It's that product:
administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=edit&cid[]=9

11 years 2 months ago #90419

Thank you Nicolas ....this is getting really frustrating for me because at my very first attempt to change the cat image (remove it and then place it back) it really was deleted from the server :(

Then i decided to make a screenmovie and show you my steps and suddenly for the first time, with the same steps the image isnt deleted.

So now i have one lost image from your cat, but also images that now arent deleted. Consider the item closed for now and if i can reproduce it on a screenmovie i will send it to you, because especially deleted images from the server cant be mistakes ..... even now yo ucan still see that the thumbnails from your cat image are still there, but the image isnt.

Very weird.

Enjoy your Sunday Nicolas and thank you for reminding me again why HikaShop stands out, you are amazing :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds