HS registration doesn't honour Joomla settings

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 2 months ago #90918

The HS registration (a) does not honour the User Manager Options setting to not send the password in the user registration/activation email. I think this is a serious bug, or worse a bit of a cheap way of forcing Essential users to buy the Business Edition so that emails can be customised. Nor do the HS registration emails use the override-able strings used by Joomla registration.

First time I haven't been impressed by HS.

Regards,

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 2 months ago #90982

Hi,

The solution that we (I ?) proposed on the forum in another thread to modify the email was not meant to force you to upgrade but to give a solution to something which is not yet taken into account in HikaShop. That doesn't mean that we don't want to do it. It's actually in the todo list since we proposed the solution to edit the email and will be added in a future version of HikaShop (for all editions of course). Historically, that option didn't exist in Joomla when we first developed HikaShop which is why it wasn't taken into account at that time.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 2 months ago #90995

OK, sorry for being grumpy but I was under a bit of pressure. The pre-Joomla-2.5 way of removing the password from account registration emails was to modify the email templates via language overrides. HS uses multiple language strings, so there is no way to remove an element. I did find a sneaky way of doing it by creating mail overrides in the joomla25/media/com_hikashop/mail folder:

• user_account.html.modified.php
  • user_account.text.modified.php

and deleting the username and password elements. I assume these *.modified.php files are where your Business edition stores the edited email templates, but Essential picks up these *.modified.php overrides and I'm hoping updates won't squash them.

Don't worry, I will buy the Business edition once I've thoroughly used/abused the Essential version. I like the custom field functionality in your commercial editions.

Regards,

Martin

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds