Double product description and variant error

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 2 months ago #91449

HI,
Sinec last update all my product descriptions are duplicated in th eproduct view.
See here:
www.fly-tiers.se/index.php/en/hikashop-m...duct/4554-black-gnat

Then another stranger error appared on one of the variants, the hook sizes. On the same product as above I have size options
10-18 but
only 12-18 appear.
One of them just don't work to apply any more on a new product but it works fine on all products it is already applied on.
Is this something known or what can be wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 2 months ago #91621

Hi,

Regarding the description of products I don't see how that would be possible unless there is an issue with your customization of the show_default view file or that the products description is duplicated on the backend too.

It must be something not configured properly in that product. The easiest will be to delete it and recreate it if you can't find what it is. I can't say exactly, as it could be a lot of things. For example, the quantity set to 0 in that variant. Or the variant removed.

11 years 2 months ago #91660

Hi, This is really strange, I have tried to erase all description text and re added it and that didn't work. Then I erased the product and re added it still get duplicated description text. Andregarding the hook size (variants) I can't add any existing variants so I havde to add a new group of variants with hook size 10 to 20, 6 different variants and add them that make the variants work at least but still double description text.
I see no coding in the show_default file that can cause any duplicated description text.
I have tried to empty the joomla site cache memory and the browser cache but nothing helps.
There must be some kind of way to solve this.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 2 months ago #91708

Hi,

Did you edited the "show_default" file of your "product" view of your front-end template through "Hikashop->Display->View" ?

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LAMF

11 years 2 months ago #91745

Hi,
I found out after you send me hints that this file was erroneous as a temoplate override, so i changed it to the new file after the upgrade and set it up with my overrides and now it's finally working again.
Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds