Product listing settings not saving

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #93504

I can't link my product listings to a menu. I've followed the directions provided in the documentation: I create a new menu item in Joomla, then save it. Then I click on the Hikashop options to to configure it. But when I go to save the Hikashop options, it's like the settings won't save - the number of columns & items is blank, the assoicated category is reset to the default category,and none of the oher parameters are saved either. When I click on the menu item from the front end, no products are displayed, nothing shows up, except for the Hikashop footer link.

I am running Joomla 2.5.9 and Hikashop 2.1.0. Please help, thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #93569

Hi,

Can you enable the debug mode of joomla, and set the error reporting to "maximum" and see if an error is returned ?
Have you tried to reinstall hikashop over the current hikashop ?

11 years 2 months ago #93604

I went to the Global Configuration settings, enabled the debug mode and set the error reporting to maximum, and no errors were returned on the frontend or the backend.

Yesterday I tried it with new Hikashop install along with a fresh Joomla install and it still didn't work.

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by rjwatkins83.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 2 months ago #93621

Ok, so can you give me a temporary access to your back-end through Private message ? it would help me to understand what your problem really is.

Thank you.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 2 months ago #93633

I tested it through your back-end and it's actually working for me.

PS: I unpublished the content menu that I created during my test :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

11 years 2 months ago #93649

I went to the menu item you created, and it looked like the number of columns and items saved for you, but when I tried to save the associated category as "Shoes" it still wouldn't save. It just reverts back to the default "product category". I need to create a menu item to point to each category. I even tried creating a category to link to in the "Root", but it still wouldn't work.

Are you able to get it to point to a specific category?

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by rjwatkins83.

• Thank you received: 13092
11 years 2 months ago #93969

Hi,

I checked that for you and I was able to change the associated category too.
Are you sure you're clicking on "save" ?
Also, try with another browser. It's maybe a cookies/cache user session issue which could explain why you're the only one with the problem. If it works with another browser, you should clear the cookies/cache of your usual browser and try again and it should work too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rjwatkins83

11 years 2 months ago #93975

Thank you, that worked!

I switched to a different browser- I was using Chrome and I switched to IE - and it worked. Then I cleared the cache of Chrome and it worked there as well. I would have never thought that was problem, thanks again

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds