Checkout button doesn't proceed to checkout

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #93639

Hi there,

I created a website and am using hikashop shopping cart along with the authorize.net payment plugin. The checkout was working while the site was located on a testing domain. We just migrated the site to the live domain and now the checkout button does not forward to the payment gateway / hosted checkout like it did before. When "next" is clicked to checkout, the screen re-directs to the usual "If you are not re-directed within the next 10 seconds click the Pay Now button below (or something like that)"... but it doesn't re-direct to the hosted checkout url and the "Pay Now" button doesn't do anything either, the page just sits there.

I've updated all the necessary settings on the hosted checkout side to match the new domain (and they have confirmed that the settings are correct). I've also changed every setting that I can think of on the hikashop side to match the new domain. Though the actual payment plugin parameters didn't need any changes that I could see. Any ideas?

---

Further to what I've written above, I've attached a screenshot showing what the page is displaying as well as what firebug reveals in the form inputs. I've circled the hosted checkout url in the form tag - this is where the shopper should be re-directed to.

Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Kevin

Here's some more info... should the checkout url be included somewhere in the code of the checkout button ("Next"), if so, I don't see it here as revealed by firebug... see screenshot...

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Cedar Gate Media. Reason: more information to add and screenshot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #93841

Hi,

In the "Url" option of the "Autorize.net" payment method you should have " secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll " can you check if it's the case ?

11 years 1 month ago #94016

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for your reply. The payment gateway company uses authorize.net but operates it through their own system somehow. The url they gave is not the same as the one you have suggested, though I tried the one you suggested and it didn't change anything. The url they gave was working prior to me migrating the site. With both url's the "next" button which should re-direct shoppers to secure checkout doesn't go anywhere. It seems as though the button just doesn't contain the necessary code to re-direct at all? I've checked all I know to check. Is there something in the configuration that needs to be changed?

Would it be helpful to give you back-end access? I would be willing to do this if you think you could help out.

Thank you, Kevin

Here are two more screenshots that may help...

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 1 month ago #94021

Hi,

I tried to place an order on your website but all I get is the message "No shipping method found". Which means that your shipping method(s) are not configured properly.
That's probably why it doesn't let you continue to the payment platform.
I would recommend you to review our FAQ on that issue below to find out what is wrong with your shipping method(s):
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

11 years 1 month ago #94128

Hi,

Thanks for taking a look at the site. I think that a shipping method couldn't be found because the Canada Post plugin couldn't read your address. I have test accounts created for a user in Alberta and it works fine. I believe the plugin assigns a shipping rate based on the province and a postal code and the postal code in the address you created would not have been considered valid (5 numbers would work for the U.S.). You could use something like this: T5B 0C3, and it should work.

Even so, I have the checkout process configured for two steps. The first steps is login and shipping. Getting past the shipping step has not been the problem, the canada post plugin has been working fine. It has been the checkout step that has not been working. The cart has been assigning tax and shipping just fine, but when the "Next" button is pressed to take the customer to the hosted checkout it has not been going anywhere, and the settings in the authorize.net plugin have been verified as being correct. And as mentioned, it worked with the exact same settings on the test site. The "Next" button was re-directing customers to the Chase Paymentech hosted checkout using the authorize.net plugin.

Thank you for your help, Kevin

11 years 1 month ago #94389

Hi,

I changed the post code to yours as well as the city name and I still get the same error.
I appreciate that the problem might not come from this, but I can't get past the shipping selection so I can't look at the end step of your checkout and can't answer you on that until I do.

11 years 1 month ago #94471

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your help thus far. If you wouldn't mind trying the site once more using the address you created... Go to the catalogue page and the first menu category "Anything Iron" and click on the first item "Iron Crow" and add one to cart. This item is configured properly. After your latest reply I went in and noticed that my client missed entering settings on some of the items which would have caused the "no shipping method found" message to appear if you had chosen one of those mis-configured items.

For convenience, here is the website again - www.theoldtinshed.com

Thanks again, Kevin

11 years 1 month ago #94589

Hi,

I'm actually testing with that "Iron Crow" product and I'm still getting the same error "No shipping method found" on your checkout with my test_hikashop account.

11 years 1 month ago #94593

Hi,

Hmm, can we try one more time? I've adjusted the address in your account so it is the same as the test account I set up which works every time. Perhaps the Canada Post plugin has requirements for the address fields in order to recognize the address? Just guessing, it's all I can think of at this point...

Thanks, Kevin

11 years 1 month ago #94616

I still have the same error.

11 years 1 month ago #94627

Major apologies, it should work now... I was sure I added dimensions where my client forgot, but the fields were still empty. So now the iron crow has weight and dimensions. For sure this time :)

11 years 1 month ago #95370

Hi Nicolas,

Would you mind trying to add that item to your cart one more time using the account you created - if that shouldn't work I could give you a test account I created that is working... I appreciate your patience.

Thanks, Kevin

11 years 1 month ago #95502

Hi,

The issue comes from a javascript error:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'set' of null on line 66
in the file www.theoldtinshed.com/templates/beez_20/...t/md_stylechanger.js of your template.

Because of that the javascript of the redirect cannot run at the end of the checkout and it stays there. You could try to correct (remove?) that line of the template js file to circumvent the problem.

Regarding the fact that the button cannot be clicked, that has actually been already fixed and you would have to either update HikaShop or just copy the file back/extensions/plg_hikashoppayment_authorize/authorize_end.php in the install package of the latest version to plugins/hikashoppayment/authorize/authorize_end.php on your website to fix it.

11 years 1 month ago #95642

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks, that helped...

I first copied the authorize_end.php file from the latest Hikashop update and then tested the checkout. The "Next" button brought up the temporary re-directing page like it did before and it just stayed there like before, but this time the "Pay now" button did initiate the re-direct.

There was an error at the hosted checkout side -I'm still waiting for the email to give details on that...

Then I removed line 66 from the javascript file you mentioned and tried again but there was no difference. While having to click the "Pay now" button seems to have initiated the re-direct, it would be ideal if it did it automatically as intended. Any ideas on this?

I appreciate your help, Kevin

11 years 1 month ago #95712

Hi,

I can see that it's now redirecting automatically at the end of the checkout on your website.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds