More than 3 Characteristics & getting 500 error

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #94231

Whenever I add more than 3 characteristics to my products I am unable to access that product. Below is a link to a product with 4 characteristic and it comes back with

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving theflavorvapor.com/index.php/site-map/e-...x-650-mah-single-kit . It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Here is the link theflavorvapor.com/index.php/site-map/e-...x-650-mah-single-kit

The confusing part is when I reduce the characteristics to 3 it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
11 years 2 months ago #94233

Hi,

It could be a memory limit problem.
Please activate the Joomla debug mode in order to have the PHP error message instead of the "500 error" page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #94240

This is the error I get in debug mode

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home2/intrins4/public_html/flavorvapor/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php on line 1364.

Is there a way to add memory to the joomla installation? This is a fairly large and complex website and we really need this component to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 years 2 months ago #94257

I increased the memory to 1028M and verified it in php configuration. I am still receiving the following error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 94 bytes) in /home2/intrins4/public_html/flavorvapor/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 719

I've been working on this for about 9 hours, its 2AM now and I am exhausted. Please help, I paid 160+ for HIKASHOP Business and it seems to be riddled with problems. I need this to work I am loosing money everyday this product fails to appear!

• Thank you received: 13092
11 years 2 months ago #94261

Hi,

You probably have too many variants for your product and your server cannot handle the load of data.
I'm guessing that you should actually not use characteristics but options or custom item fields for the dropdowns on your products as you probably don't need hundreds of variants for each product in your store.

It's not a bug in HikaShop. It's just that you're not using the right feature for what you want to do.
Here is information on how to create options:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
And here is information on custom fields:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds