I own Business Cart Software Can't Update

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 1 month ago #96769

Help.......I can't update my shopping cart, it states I don't have business paid version. I do, and I paid $200 US dollars for the busines version. I own the domain name childrenstoystoystoys.com (registered under godaddy.com), which my paid for business cart should be licensed under. Please do a whois and see, my name G. Speck in San Tan Valley Arizona. My old programmer (David Malton) did not give me the login information to get the updates when he turned the website and cart files over to me. Please look it up, and email me with license key and/or the newest/latest version of the business cart. Or please install for me. I'm having major issues with cart not working and can't do updates. Maybe you can attach in an email the newest update to the cart and email to me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . I also own the Spectaculartoys.com and spectaculartoys.net domains as well. Just do a whois. Originally the cart was for use with my store spectaculartoys.com but old programmer built site on the childrenstoystoystoys.com site. He didn't want to shut down my spectaculartoys.com site while rebuilding me a new site, so we registered a new domain childrenstoystoystoys.com to build the new site on then transfer over when complete. Please help, I'm not getting orders because cart empties when you try to add another item to cart. I've been dealing with this for months and it's putting me out of business.

Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 1 month ago #96777

Hi,

I've attached your website to the subscription on our end for you. Please click on the "purge cache" button of your joomla updater and you should be able to update.

11 years 1 month ago #96912

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you, but still have same problem with trying to update cart. When we log into site to update, it still is only offering me the starter package for the update. It's not offering me to update the business version of the cart. My programmer is afraid that if he updates what is being offered to me which is only the starter version, I't only going to update the free version of the cart software. I don't want to update the free version as it will revert my cart back to the free version cart which is not what I paid for. Can you please update the business version for me, or email me what information I need to update the business version of the cart. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I do have the zip files that were originally given to me for the business cart if you need me to send that to you.

Nicolas, This it what it says to me when I log into the backend of my site (spectaculartoys.net) and try to update:

"Your version is 2.0.0, the latest stable version is 2.1.1
We could not find a valid licence for Hikashop Business attached to your account...
You are currently logged as SpectacularToys on our website but you can go to your account to log out and log in with an other username"

Please help me to update my business verion of the cart. Thank you.

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by SpectacularToys. Reason: edited errors

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 1 month ago #96916

Hi,

I know that you can only download the starter edition from your account. The subscription is still attached to the user account davemalton since he is the one who bought it. To change that, I would need him to tell me to do it for security reasons since, as far as we know by looking at our logs, the payment was made with his information, not yours.

What I did was to attached your website to his subscription since he didn't attach it to anything ( so in any case it is not a problem for him ). That way, you can update it on your website via the joomla updater without having to download anything on our website. So you can go ahead with that.
It's not technically possible to change the edition of HikaShop via the joomla updater so no worries. Only updates are possible.

11 years 1 month ago #96945

Thanks! Received the login info so that I could update business version to the cart.

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by davemalton. Reason: error

11 years 1 month ago #96946

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for responding back to me so quickly, I appreciate it. Dave has given me the info to update my business version of the cart.

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds