checkout process

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 weeks ago #98449

Hi all,

I am being asked to skip registration and go straight to payment. Is this possible with Hika Shop?

Or at the very least have the register step just be to fill in the details and the credit card details and not press register but enter press pay.

We want to cut out the register step.

Mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 3 weeks ago #98494

Hi,

I think that you'll probably find your answer there :

If you want to have a checkout without registration but with address, you will have to have both "login" and "address" views in the checkout workflow. Then, in the Checkout tab of the configuration, you can change the option "registration" to "no registration" in order to remove the creation of a user account. Also, you can turn off the "login" option there to remove the login area of the checkout.
That way, you will still have the address form but no user account would be created.
That "Registration" option is only available in our commercial editions.

11 years 3 weeks ago #98609

Hi Mohamed,

I set up those options but what appears for me is that I still have to click the register button then the purchase button.
Do you have an example where you have a one step process for paying?

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 weeks ago #98669

Hi,

To have only one click, it will require some custom code.
It can be done via JavaScript, onclick on the register button (which can be placed anywhere in css or if you put it in another view like "checkout / step") add an action to submit the form again just after the register form submit.

11 years 2 weeks ago #99094

Xavier wrote: Hi,

To have only one click, it will require some custom code.
It can be done via JavaScript, onclick on the register button (which can be placed anywhere in css or if you put it in another view like "checkout / step") add an action to submit the form again just after the register form submit.

The issue here is that I want the one click to be the payment button and not the register button. Is there any examples you have of this in operation?

11 years 2 weeks ago #99192

To have the payment button, you can hide this payment button and change the translation of the register button to set the text of the payment button.
I don't have example of that.

But actually the two forms need to be sent, so you have to make custom code to sned the second one automatically after the first is well submitted.

11 years 2 weeks ago #99281

Would you guys write a one page checkout please? There is surely demand ....

11 years 2 weeks ago #99368

It's on our todo list like many other things.

10 years 11 months ago #104009

Hi Xavier,

Can you throw me as many bones as possible as I am about to write this one page checkout myself :dry:

All help appreciated!

code, what tables I need to update, what code of yours I should look at to follow?

• Thank you received: 13075
10 years 11 months ago #104015

Hi,

HikaShop is already a one page checkout if you remove the registration step, or if you're already logged in.
Did you try to simply remove the login/address steps from your checkout workflow ? Do you need them ?

10 years 11 months ago #104251

But how will I capture the registration information?

10 years 11 months ago #104312

Hi,

By registration, you mean address infomations ? If it is, the step "registration" is required unless you have another page for account creation and address setting.

To have a one page checkout, you have to edit the views "checkout / step" and "checkout / address", in the "address" view, you probably have to remove the "register" button.
And on the "step" view add the action of the "register" button in the "next" button actions.

By this way, clicking on "next" will submit the address form, then reload the same page and you have to submit the main form.
It require JavaScript and PHP knowledges.

This is not really a clean way of doing that, because the page will be reloaded 2 times.
The best way is to change the forms and the actions, calling a method which will submit the address form and the main form at one time.

It require to edit HikaShop core files.

10 years 11 months ago #104420

It might be easier/safer to just write my own registration code and save the data to the correct tables?

Which tables would I need to write to?

10 years 11 months ago #104760

Instead of saving directly to the database, you can use the classes functions, like the function save() in the class "address".
It will be the safest and easiest method, and by this way you can still use the triggers on address save (if you have plugins plugged on that)

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds