Online Documentation doesn't match Installation

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 weeks ago #100116

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone can clear something up for me. I am using the Starter version of Hikashop 2.12 to test and explore before purchase and the documentation doesn't seem to be consistent with the software. I have fields that are not in the documentation and I am missing fields that the documentation says I should have...excluding the commercial only options of course.

My questions are:

1. How current is this online documentation?
2. Is this documentation more consistent with the commercial versions of Hikashop?

I really need an answer to this as I am on a very tight schedule for a large project. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks much!

Roy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 4 weeks ago #100128

Hi,

We're trying to keep it current but there may be some missing options or options that moved that were not reflected yet in the documentation as we didn't had yet the time or we forgot a place where to modify it. If you find such issue, you can report them and we'll update the documentation.

The documentation is the same for all the editions of HikaShop. Some options are indeed removed in the Starter edition. For most of them in such case it is mentioned that the option is only available in the commercial editions.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 weeks ago #100131

Thanks for that...

here is an example... in the attached file for the Canada post shipping options there is no zone selection at the top of the options... however www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...canadapost-form.html indicates that it should be there...

there are several other areas that have missing options in the software that are or aren't in the documentation. These missing or relocated options are making the setup and configuration more difficult than it should be. Otherwise the documentation is very good.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by NikonNutz. Reason: ooops split a sentence with an image...

• Thank you received: 4006
11 years 4 weeks ago #100138

Hi,

All restrictions option (like zone) have been move to the "Restrictions" part at the bottom.
You can check the Restriction checkbox to display the restriction options.
When a configuration have a restriction set, the checkbox would be automatically checked and the restrictions would be displayed.

We added (and we would add) new restrictions so the configuration screen become a little bit complicated.
We move theses options in a specific part to let the configuration as easier as possible.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds