World Pay

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 1 week ago #101139

Hi,

As you will probably know, WorldPay have implemented some changes to the URLs used to process payments and need to be changed by the 30th April - the existing settings will stop working after this date.

I've made the necessary changes at the Hikashop end and checked the settings at WorldPay, but have found that when the payment process is cancelled on WorldPay the call back to the site is not working. I've not tried completing a transaction, yet. I'm going to attempt that in a test environment once it's been set up.

The shop sends a confirmation email to the customer with the contents : "Your order will be processed as soon as we receive your payment."

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so how was it resolved.

Thanks in anticipation.
Martyn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 6 days ago #101319

Hi,

The newest version of HikaShop include the new URLs to WorldPay.

The email that you're receiving is the order creation email, not the order confirmation email which is only sent once the orders are confirmed.
So once you setup properly worldpay to confirm orders after the purchase, you will get the confirmation email as you need.
The order creation email can potentially be deactivated via the menu System>Emails in the Business edition.

11 years 6 days ago #101329

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the response.

I've updated to the latest version of Hikashop and have made several purchases (in test mode) but the call back is just not happening - on both successful and failed payments.

With parameters turned on I'm seeing the following (sensitive data has been anonymised):

Array
(
    [instId] => 277530
    [cartId] => 75
    [amount] => 25.004
    [currency] => GBP
    [desc] => 
    [MC_callback] => http://xxxx.co.uk/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=bf_rbsbusinessgateway&tmpl=component&lang=en
    [name] => Axxx, Mxxx
    [address] => 1xx,
Sxxx
    [postcode] => Sx xxx
    [country] => GB
    [email] => mxx@sxxxx.co.uk
    [tel] => 0xxx0
    [testMode] => 100
    [C_item_name_1] => Pop
    [C_item_number_1] => 1167704
    [C_quantity_1] => 1
    [C_amount_1] => 20
    [C_item_name_2] => Shipping
    [C_amount_2] => 5
    [C_quantity_2] => 1
    [item_number_2] => manual
    [C_discount_amount_cart] => 0
)

The settings at WorldPay haven't been changed:

As the call-back isn't being made then the order remains at a 'Created' status and is having to be manually moved to 'Confirmed'.

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Martyn.

Attachments:

11 years 5 days ago #101408

Hi,

Then, make sure that your website is accessible (not restricted via htaccess, online, not in maintenance, menus with public access level) so that WorldPay is able to trigger HikaShop for the notification.

Also, you can turn on the debug option of the plugin and look in the payment log file in the Files section of the configuration for information about what is going on during the notification process. If the file is empty after a test in debug mode, it means that the worldpay plugin is not receiving any notification from WorldPay and that it might either be an issue on your worldpay account or on your joomla configuration or server configuration which blocks the notification before reaching Hikashop.

11 years 5 days ago #101441

Hi Nicolas,

Again, thanks for the response.

I've managed to get a hold of a call-back failure email from my client:

Error reported: Callback to xxxxx.co.uk/index.php?task=notify&tmpl=c...&option=com_hikashop : NOT OK, recevied HTTP status: 403

(index.php?task=notify&tmpl=component¬if_payment=bf_rbsbusinessgateway&ctrl=checkout&lang=en&option=com_hikashop: NOT OK, recevied HTTP status: 403)

Server Reference: mm2imscs4p:callbackFailureEmail-3589:MerchReq-793-66

Any ideas as to where/why the 403 (forbidden) is being generated?

Regards,
Martyn.

Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by expertbeginner.

11 years 5 days ago #101463

Hi,

A 403 error means that the website is in maintenance or that there is a problem with the menu item/SEF.
Try to turn off the SEF in the joomla configuration and if it works then it's definitely a problem with the menu item which is not correct.

In that case, make sure that a hikashop menu item is selected in the "force a menu during checkout" option of the configuration and change the line:

$vars['MC_callback'] = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment=' . $method->payment_type . '&tmpl=component&lang='.$locale;

to:
global $Itemid;
				$url_itemid='';
				if(!empty($Itemid)){
					$url_itemid='&Itemid='.$Itemid;
				}
				$vars['MC_callback'] = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment=' . $method->payment_type . '&tmpl=component&lang='.$locale.$url_itemid;
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/bf_rbsbusinessgateway.php

And that will force the menu and should avoid the issue.

11 years 5 days ago #101487

Hi,

Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news but none of the suggested remedies has worked.

I've just attempted a live transaction and cancelled the payment on WorldPay. The callback failure email is received. I've pasted the call-back url from the email into the address bar.
I don't get the 403 that WorldPay refers to but do get a blank page with the following source:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-gb" lang="en-gb" dir="ltr">
<head>
	  <base href="http://www.peaklander.co.uk/index.php" />
  <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
  <meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management" />
  <title>Peaklander</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/com_hikashop/css/frontend_custom.css?v=212" type="text/css" />
  <script src="/media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js?v=212" type="text/javascript"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/system/css/general.css" type="text/css" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/system/css/template.css" type="text/css" />

<!-- Google Analytics for Joomla 1.6 by Analytics For Joomla v1.0 | http://www.analyticsforjoomla.com/ -->
<script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
  _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-28377986-1']);
    _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
  })();
</script>
<!-- End of Google Analytics for Joomla 1.6 by Analytics For Joomla v1.0 -->

</head>
<body class="contentpane">

<div id="system-message-container">
</div>

</body>
</html>

Any other thoughts or suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,
Martyn.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 4 days ago #101674

Hi,

The call-back url is not the only information required.
When worldpay call the url, it send some data by "POST" (like when you submit a form). So, the information are not only in the url.
Without the parameters given by POST, the page can't know which order is concerned, etc. So the blank page is logical.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 4 days ago #101678

Hi,

I appreciate that, but it doesn't explain why WorldPay is getting/reporting a 403 Error.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a 403 is a 'forbidden' access - which will be generated, as a result of the URL, regardless of whether there is any POST or GET data.

Again, any suggestions as to where/why the 403 is being generated/reported would be greatly appreciated.

All the directories on the server are set at 755 and files set at 644 for permissions. There is no .htaccess file either.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 4 days ago #101719

Hi,

Looking at the source code of this BrainForge plugin, I see a source of 403:

if ($hostError > 0) {
		$mailer->setSubject(JText::sprintf('NOTIFICATION_REFUSED_FOR_THE_ORDER','Worldpay Business Gateway').' '.JText::sprintf('IP_NOT_VALID',hikashop::encode($dbOrder)));
		$body = str_replace('<br/>',"\r\n",JText::sprintf('NOTIFICATION_REFUSED_FROM_IP','Worldpay Business Gateway',$ip,'See Hostname / IPs defined in configuration'))."\r\n\r\n".JText::sprintf('CHECK_DOCUMENTATION',HIKASHOP_HELPURL.'payment-rbsworldpay-error#ip').$order_text;
		$mailer->setBody($body);
		$mailer->Send();
		JError::raiseError( 403, JText::_( 'Access Forbidden' ));
		return false;
	}
Did you receive an email from your website with that kind of message (IP refused) ?

There are two options "Notification hostname" and "IPs" that you can empty if you want to not check the worldpay ips.
If these values are wrong, it will explain why the notification is refused.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 3 days ago #101775

Hi,
The (shop) website is only producing order created emails, it's not generating the notification refused one referred to in your response. The email referring to the 403 is being send by World Pay.

WorldPay does send an email stating that the ip address is not on the approved list when, and only when, the payment is cancelled on their page. The call back fails still fails, though.

I've currently got debugging turned on but there is nothing in the log.

Cheers,
Martyn.

11 years 2 days ago #101940

Hi,

I've cleared out the 'Notification hostname' contents - there are no IPs listed.

Tried a transaction and it was successful in every way - notification, hand-back etc - which leads to the contents of the 'Notification hostname' contents being incorrect.

What is the format of the contents of that area - the contents removed was

\.outbound\.worldpay\.com

Is this correct? I'm assuming (which I don't like to do) the backslashes are escape characters. Are they required by the code or are they unnecessary?

From WorldPay:

What changes do I need to make?

If your system receives automatic updates from WorldPay when shoppers make payments on your website or by telephone and you choose to restrict domain names, please ensure that you are using the following domain names:
*.outbound.worldpay.com
*.worldpay.com

If you use IP addresses instead of domain names to submit http, XML or Remote Administration requests to WorldPay, please change your connection to use domain-name-based URLs instead.

Thanks,
Martyn.

11 years 1 day ago #102227

Hi,

Now you're saying that you're not receiving payment notification emails from the website.
So it is normal that your log file stays empty.
It will only fill if you receive payment notifications.

The simplest is to leave both the hostname and the IPs fields empty in the plugin. That way, it won't check the hostname nor the IPs of the worldpay server and you should not see anymore that 403 error.

11 years 23 hours ago #102255

Now you're saying that you're not receiving payment notification emails from the website.

That's the crux of this thread, isn't it? Postings 1 & 2 refer. How could we be getting payment payment notifications from the website if the call-back was failing? Without the call-back the website doesn't know whether the payment was successful or not, or does it?

The simplest is to leave both the hostname and the IPs fields empty in the plugin.

Isn't that opening a security hole, though? The site will then happily accept a call back from anyone purporting to be WorldPay!

I'd be grateful to know the format of the text in the hostname field, in preference of 'secure' over 'simple'. Are the periods escaped or are the '\' characters unnecessary and the cause of the issue?

Many thanks,
Martyn.

10 years 11 months ago #102539

Payment notifications are normally sent even if the callback is failing as long as the callback is received, even if it fails validation.
It's not just about receiving it, but also about validating it, by ip, by hash, by hostname, etc.

It doesn't open a security hole if you don't check the IP. There are several layers of verifications, IPs being one of them. But just one layer (the hash check) is enough for security.
The \ are normal as far as I can see but please note that I'm not the developer of that plugin. That plugin was done by a third party developer who was kind enough to share it back with us so that we can include it by default in HikaShop so that any can use it. Thus, that's why I told you to empty that field so that the check is avoided. Again, as for the IPs check, even if you don't have it, the notifications will still be secured by the hash check.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds