Alert box for required fields

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 1 week ago #101212

Hi,

Not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere. On some items where I need to have required custom fields complete, no alert box appears, but on others it does. It's the same content module that has all three produces in the same category.

Is there something I'm not setting right? See attached module settings.

I'm using Joomla 3.

The relevant link is Membership form

If one does not fill in any fields, only the Teacher/staff item pops up alert but the Parent and Student products doesn't result in an alert box.

This is very puzzling to me.
Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
11 years 1 week ago #101327

Hi,

First, your template include jQuery more that needed which create some javascript errors.
It could explain that some javascript is not running in the page so, some messages are not displaying.

After that, the alert boxes on custom fields are managed by the form itself, not the custom field elements.
The address form checks his values before the submit, the "add to cart" might not.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 1 week ago #101349

Interesting that you mention my problem may be my custom template. So I've tested to use the default template that comes with Joomla 3 and the issue is still there; no alert box on the required fields if they are blank:

Join PTSA link

but all the alert works correctly only this page

JAG Fund

So this is quite puzzling to me.

I don't think your jquery comment is causing the problem. I've deleted and recreated the products and categories as well as placing these two order pages on different template.

Hope you can discover the solution to my dilemma.

• Thank you received: 13084
11 years 1 week ago #101519

Hi,

I just checked your website fcptsa.webevolutionary.com/

On both fcptsa.webevolutionary.com/component/hikashop/user/form.html and fcptsa.webevolutionary.com/component/hikashop/checkout.html regsitration forms, I can see the alert boxes for the custom address fields and for the email fields.
So I couldn't see any problem actually.

11 years 1 week ago #101521

I'm doing more testing and did a clean uninstall/reinstall. I'll let you know how it goes. Unfortunately I'm still have the same issues.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds