"State" field dropdown not showing up.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #102529

Hi,

We are experiencing a couple new quirks with HS. The first is that when you get to the checkout and get the registration form, the "state" drop-down selection list is not showing up. When you look at it with the inspector it has no options. Any idea why this would be happening.

The next is that customers used to be able to use the "guest" checkout option for Paypal, that is now missing when you go to Paypal. It's a business account and the option to use that feature is turned on in our Paypal account.

I've been looking around for a while to see if I can find anything out of order, I've found nothing.

Any idea what could be the issue with either or both of these? The site is here , if you want to look.

Thanks! -John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 11 months ago #102541

Hi,

There are already several topics which talk about it.
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/18515...-shown.html?start=40
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/80444...k-for-us-states.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...-not-displaying.html

In your case, you will see that in the checkout page you have some javascript errors.
The javascript error have the result to stop javascript execution so, the javascript which update the dropdown is not executed.

I highly recommend you to update HikaShop with a newer version.
We improved the way that states dropdowns are display in the checkout (so javascript error will have quite less impact).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 11 months ago #102575

Thanks for the response and info, Jerome. I'm usually better about searching the forum, forgot to this time. I appreciate your patience.

John

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 11 months ago #102577

Hi,

No problem :)
I try to "centralized" the different answer for this question so if other people search for it, they will found good "cross references".

But for you, I think that updating HikaShop with a recent versino will fix this problem.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbozaan

10 years 11 months ago #102580

Hi Jerome,

I upgraded and that did fix the issue, but now our add-to-cart button and quantity fields are missing. Do I need to change some settings?

thanks,

John

10 years 11 months ago #102584

I got it. For some reason the update switched the "display add-to-cart" to no instead of yes.

10 years 8 months ago #121521

I am having the same trouble with the state field not showing up. I have gone through all the threads of discussion mentioned and tried each of the suggestions. I can only get the State field back when the default country under the Custom Field address_country is France. After I go and try to change back to the United States and click Save, it still shows up as France. I am also not using HTTPS.

I have also tried to use the Inspector and Debugger but this is still new to me so nothing jumped out to me as wrong. My site is newsite.rpcvcolorado.org.

Any help would be appreciated.
V

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 8 months ago #121546

Hi,
Can you show me some screenshots of how did you configured your state custom field, and give us a valid link to you website for testing purpose ? then I'll be able to test if your problem is coming from a JS error or something else.
Thanks.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds