Having Login in the workflow breaks checkout

• Thank you received: 13
10 years 11 months ago #104167

I have re-installed Joomla!3 and the latest Hikashop because I though there was some sort of corruption, and I have ended up the same place. If "Login" is on the workflow a white page is displayed. If it is removed, the checkout is displayed OK.

Any ideas?

This is very urgent for me.

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by esotechie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 11 months ago #104169

Hi,

The white page indicates that there is a PHP error, so you have to activate the debug mode.
Without any real error information we can't help you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 11 months ago #104179

Now I am getting a Fatal error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 128 bytes) in /home/sites/hg-uk.com/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 688

The memory limit is set to 32M, surely that should be enough.

<edit>

re-editing the limit to 64 seems to have worked. Not sure why so much memory is taken by the login process.

</edit>

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by esotechie.

• Thank you received: 13082
10 years 11 months ago #104187

It doesn't mean that the checkout takes 24M. It just means that all the extensions installed and loaded plus joomla plus the processing that is done during the login adds up to 24M.
During the checkout, a lot of things have to be done/checkout and it can add up to a few M.

24M is actually pretty low for a joomla website with a few extensions on it. Heck, just creating a thumbnail of one big image would easily go above that memory limit as the GD library, which is used in PHP for images processing, has to load the full image in memory and eats up a lot more than the size of the compressed image (approx the same as a bmp of the image).

10 years 11 months ago #104286

Thanks Nicolas

What sort of size would you recommend for Hikashop (ignoring other components that are not part of the Joomla core)?

• Thank you received: 13082
10 years 11 months ago #104293

As per the PHP manual ( php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php ), the default value for the memory_limit is 128M.
But even 64M should be way enough for any type of HikaShop store (including joomla and other extensions).
With a normal store 32M should already be enough. Yours was set to 24M, not 32M as you can see in the error message: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted.

10 years 11 months ago #104295

Thanks for the reply Nicolas

It is a low limit set by the ISP for default installations. I'll ramp it up to 128M :)

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds