Stock problem when a client close paypal page...

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 11 months ago #104770

I been having this issue since the beggining, but just now i discover what it is. When a client make click to the checkout and goes to paypal, there is a link that reads: "cancel and return..." guess most of the clients would make click on that button if they want to cancel, but there are some clients that close the paypal page, and when they do that, hikashop take away from the stock the products of client´s cart as he buyed, but he didnt buyed, he just close the page.

This is very strange, because if you check the sistem, you can see that the system cancelled the order, but still, the products are reduced from the stock, why the system do that? I dont know, but it happens always someone just close the paypal page.

Is any way to solve this?

I appologize for my english, if you have any doubt about this problem please let me know and i will try to explain better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13077
10 years 11 months ago #104788

Hi,

At the end of the checkout before going to paypal HikaShop creates the order. Then, when the payment is made hikashop confirms the order.

By default, when the order is created the stock is removed (because you don't want someone to pay for something for which there is no stock anymore).
Then, if the order is cancelled, the stock is returned.
But if the user just closes his paypal windows, the order won't be cancelled it will stay in the created state. So if you want to get back the stock you need to set it to cancelled.

There are two solutions in HikaShop to help you here:
1. You use the "order auto cancel" plugin (you need to setup the cron task of the configuration for that) in order to cancel automatically orders after X hours without payment.
2. You remove the stock only when the order is confirmed, and not when the order is created. You can toggle the option "Update the product stock on confirmed status" of the configuration for that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: melisari

10 years 11 months ago #104863

Thank you so much Nicolas! I will follow your directions right now!

10 years 11 months ago #104964

Dear Nicolas, i did everything you said, and tried every combination, and now everything is worse than before, now, the product always is taken out of the stock, no matter if the client cancel the order. I tried to put things back the way they were, but since i enable the plugins it seems that everything f*******, sorry for the language... im tired and need to sleep and i dont know what else to do. I dont know what im doing wrong, im confused.

I already create a super user for you, i will send the user and password in a private message, please, please help me.

Thank you so much in advance.

Sue.

10 years 11 months ago #104967

the user is ready, i already checked that is working. I need to sleep now, but i will back as soon as possible. Please, please help me.

10 years 11 months ago #105027

Can someone please help me with this? The stock is removed always no matter if the client cancel the order. I already tried to use the automatic cancel plugin, and wait, and the stock doesnt update the cancel. I used the cron, and the plugin cron, and wait again, with the same results. Whatever i do, the stock always is taken out. The status of the order is by default cancelled and still, the stock is taken out.

Please help me. I dont know what i am doing wrong.

10 years 11 months ago #105034

Still working on this.

Searching in the web i found that once someone goes to paypal, hikashop can not know if the product has been paid or not. So, this is what is happening to me, that the system takes out the product of the stock once the client goes to paypal, and it doesnt matter that in the systme, the product appear as cancelled. I dont understand how it appears cancelled and still is taken out of the stock, why this is happening? Hikashop knows when a product is paid, because it appear as confirmed when the payment is complete, then, why is taking out the stock when the status is sitll cancelled?

Please let me know, because for me it doesnt make any sense.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 11 months ago #105062

Hi,

Each time you posted in the forum, you loose your "place" in the queue.
I look your configuration and I change some values.

Now an order is created with the order status "created" and no more "cancelled". I modified some order statuses in the main configuration and I changed the paypal plugin to use "created" for "pending" payments and I checked the other options.

Now when an order is created, the product quantity is no more updated. The order as to be confirmed to update the product quantities.
I made two tests and it works good.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: melisari

10 years 11 months ago #105066

Thank you! And sorry about the posting, i promise not to do it ever again. I will post one time the problem and wait.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds