Database error

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #104941

Hi There

I have Hika shop installed on this site www.fragrancesandperfumes.com.au/

It is running Joomla 2.5.11 and Hika 1.5.7

We have had 2 clients report the same error when trying to go through the checkout process. A description of the error and how it occurs is below

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

she selects an item and adds it to the "cart" then hits the "proceed to checkout" button and also gets this error message

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have tested the front end and did NOT enounter any problems, it worked fine. The shop owner has tested the system and it worked fine BUT we have had 2 clients report the same thing

I checked with the clients and one was using Chrome and the other Firefox but not sure what versions. I also told them to clear their cache and they say the problem still occurs. I am guessing it could be a browser related issue, but am just wondering if you have anyone report similar problems and if so, what, if anything you have been able to identify as the source of the problem.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate your support

Nigel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
10 years 11 months ago #104947

Hi,

That error is no browser related.
It means that a problem occured during the processing of the page on the web server.
It could be a memory limit, an execution time limit (in these cases, you can ask your hosting company to increase the limits), or it could be a database corruption or a bug somewhere on your website.

The best would be to look for the error in the PHP error log of your server (you can ask your hosting company if you don't know how) so that we know what it could come from.

10 years 11 months ago #105180

File Attachment:

File Name: error_log.txt
File Size:538 KB

Hi Nicholas

I have attached the error log. Is this what you wanted to look at?

Cheers

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by solutions. Reason: file upload error

10 years 11 months ago #105187

I can see a lot of errors of wrong file include on your error log.
I don't remember seeing such errors.

I remember that HikaShop is the second version of HikaShop which was compatible with Joomla 2.5 but maybe there were still bugs related to Joomla 2.5 compatibility in that version. I would recommend to update to the latest version. Make sure you do a backup before in case something goes wrong (and it would be even better to first test the update on a copy of the website) as it is a really big update.

10 years 11 months ago #105196

Hi Nicholas
Isn't 1.5.7 the latest version on the 1.5 range? If there is a later version 1.5 can you please provide me with a link to it for download. I know you have 2.3 but that is quite a change isn't it? Are you suggesting I upgrade to that? I have a number of other sites that run 2.5 Joomla and 1.5 Hika that seem to be running OK.
Cheers

10 years 11 months ago #105207

Hi,

The latest version of HikaShop is still compatible with Joomla 1.5
I'm indeed suggesting that you upgrade and it indeed is a big update for you, which is why I recommended to take a lot of precautions when doing the upgrade.

10 years 11 months ago #105345

Sorry now more confused

The site is running Joomla 2.5 and Hika 1.5.

Just checking your are recommending to update to Hika 2.3?

Just want to make sure because as you say it is a big upgrade

10 years 11 months ago #105379

Yes. And it's not 2.3 but the 2.1.3 version.

The following user(s) said Thank You: solutions

10 years 11 months ago #105678

Hi Nicholas
The upgrade seemed to fix it thanks. i think it was an compatibility issue with Joomla 2.5.11 because it wasn't there before on 2.5.9. Appreciate your patience and the great support.

Just 1 suggestion. When ever I upgrade Hika the "add to cart" option for products defaults back to a "no" setting. I think the default setting for most shopping carts would be to have this turned on, so if you can include that in any upgrades that would be great.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds