CAPTCHA codes not displaying on HikaShop pages

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 11 months ago #107992

Hi

I am running Joomla! 2.5.8 and HikaShop Starter 2.0.0, Joomla!™ E-Commerce Extension

I have installed and configured reCaptcha as per the Hikashop support notes at: www.hikashop.com/en/support/72-hikashop-...-with-recaptcha.html

This seems to be working OK in a couple of places (e.g. under the original Joomla "Create an account" menu item index.php/component/users/?view=registration and the related "Forgot your password?" and "Forgot your username?") but the HikaShop Online Shop includes a "Registration Form" menu item (index.php/hikashop-menu-for-hikashop-registration) and the reCaptcha functionality is missing from this page.

This seems to be rather similar to the problem emmdee was having (refer www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/36941...-problems.html#36941 ) EXCEPT that I haven't given up on reCaptcha and installed a second Captcha (yet). In his response to emmdee, nicolas stated "The HikaShop ReCaptcha plugin, if enabled will display on both the joomla registration and the checkout. There is no option to not activate it on the joomla registration page." Well, that's just the problem: reCaptcha is not displaying on any of the HikaShop pages though I can turn reCaptcha on or off for the Joomla login pages by using the "Default Captcha" setting on the "Site" "Global Configuration" page. I presume the "if enabled" part of nicolas' reply was a reference to enabling/disabling the "Captcha - ReCaptcha" plugin via "Extensions" "Plug-in Manager". I don't see any plugin which has both "HikaShop" and "Captcha" in its name, so perhaps the installation of the HikaShop Captcha failed?? What precisely is the name of the plugin I should have?

For completeness, I note that:

1) I don't have "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop Plugin" enabled, but if I do enable it, I don't get reCaptcha at all. No surprises with that.

2) Article forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=628&t=715047 has some notes on other Captcha configuration settings: I have both of these set to "Default". Setting reCaptcha explicitly in either place doesn't seem to make any difference.

What step did I get wrong (or more likely forget), please?
Thanks

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by David54. Reason: correction to numbered list of notes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13100
10 years 11 months ago #108025

Hi,

The Recaptcha plugin doesn't have HikaShop in its name as it can be used for other extensions even if HikaShop is not installed.

If you don't see the captcha on your checkout but that you see it on the joomla user registration form there are only two options:
1. You're not using our Recaptcha plugin but another one which isn't compatible with HikaShop. Our plugin is called "ReCaptcha on forms" so make sure that you're using this one and not another one.
2. You customized the HikaShop registration in a way that the plugin doesn't recognize anymore the registration form of HikaShop. We would need to look at the HTML of the page to tell you what to do in that case, but a simple solution would be to revert your changes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David54

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 11 months ago #108125

Hi,

Thanks for that. Once I knew what I was supposed to be looking for it was obvious that the HikaShop Captcha "ReCaptcha on forms" had not installed. Could I ask that the name of the HikaShop Captcha be added to the support notes as what it currently says (i.e. just "the ReCaptcha plugin") isn't entirely precise.

I now have the "native" Joomla Captcha "Captcha - ReCaptcha" protecting the core Joomla login forms and the HikaShop Captcha "ReCaptcha on forms" protecting the HikaShop ones.

Hopefully this will stop the flood of bot accounts that are being created every day.

Thanks again
David

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds