Connecting to webservice

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #59359

i have constructed a website using joomla and used hikashop for selling products.we are selling software products.my requirement is that once the customer purchased the product an email should be automated to the customer with payment details and a product key.my question is that how to send the product keys which are placed in a webservice.i don't have any idea for connecting php with webservice ...plz any1 help out me :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13107
11 years 9 months ago #59419

You will need to have a developer develop a plugin for HikaShop which would implement the event onAfterOrderUpdate, check that the order is getting confirmed, and contact the webservice in order to get the key before adding it to the email.

www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...l#onAfterOrderUpdate

The following user(s) said Thank You: ponraj89

11 years 9 months ago #59470

thanks for ur reply :) ..is there anything to do with hikaserial is it possible to achieve with that plugin i am not a php developer so its tough for me to develop something in php rather if it is available as plugin i will be more comfortable

11 years 9 months ago #59543

You could use HikaSerial in order to simplify a bit the integration but that will still require a HikaSerial plugin to be developed since there is no standard webservice APi for that. Each service has it's own way of doing things.
If you can't develop it yourself you could have it developed by a developer.
If you want, the developer of HikaSerial, Jerome, could develop it for you. If interested you can contact him with the documentation of your webservice so that he can give you a quote at jerome at hikashop dot com

11 years 9 months ago #59619

oh ok thanks nicolas.sure will contact jerome when needed :) i have one more question.without connecting to any webservices is it possible to send a key from database along with the product purchase mail.i think it can be done.can you please tell me how to do it in your thinking.

11 years 9 months ago #59678

Yes, you can do that with HikaSerial.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ponraj89

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds