Missing thumbnail image on Facebook

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #59853

Hello,

Missing thumbnail image while sharing link on facebook.
I don't know how to fix this.
I have been searching hours to find a proper answer on this forum...I saw few topics about this , but nothing worked. :(

I checked also the DEMO site of Hikashop to see how this is working ? neither this is working.

Best regards,
Jan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13074
11 years 8 months ago #59949

The image is retrieved by facebook automatically. So you need to make sure that your website is accessible from the internet. For example, it won't work if your website is on your localhost, it has to be online. Same if you block the display of the website with a htaccess.
On the demo website, we block facebook because their servers try to retrieve all the images of all the products there in a really short amount of time leading to a big load on our server for nothing. So it's normal that it doesn't get the image there.
Also, make sure that you configured the facebook admin option of the plugin as explained in the documentation, otherwise it won't work.

11 years 8 months ago #60004

Hi Nicolas,

The website is running online from a server. so that is not the prob.
I can't find a htaccess file (via site explorer) so I guess I don't use this.(there is only one htaccess file in a subdir of a template dir that I don't use)

The Admin id is correct.
And still no image to see. :(
This should be the easy stuff I thought.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by jan2. Reason: images added

11 years 8 months ago #60027

Try to set back the product type to the default value "product".

If that still doesn't work, I recommend that you try the facebook linter:
developers.facebook.com/tools/debug
That's a tool where you can enter the URL of your page and facebook will tell you what it found.

Note that facebook caches the information it retrieves from your pages, so that might also explain why you didn't get the image if you had tried before with incorrect settings. If you use the linter tool, it will force the retrieval of the information from your page and that might be enough to solve the problem if it indeed comes from the fact that previous information was cached by facebook.

11 years 8 months ago #60053

Hello Nicolas,

I get an error on the facebook admin
What do they mean with 'If you want to use a facebook application.... ' I did not followed this procedure, because I guess I don't need this.

"Facebook admin: The ID of your Facebook account or your Product page, you can find this ID in the URL bar of your profile. This parameter is very important in order to display the product information. If this field is empty, the meta-data will not be transmitted (and the like box will link to your home page). If you want to use a Facebook application account, you have to follow this procedure:

www.hyperarts.com/blog/how-to-create-fac...id-for-your-website/

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by jan2.

11 years 8 months ago #60125

Please follow that procedure in order to get your facebook admin id and it will work.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds