Issue when importing

• Thank you received: 14
11 years 8 months ago #61585

As you know, in my latest posts i've been talking about an installation of hikashop with something about 10k products, ok, actually i'm working on it actively, and i'm working veeeery hard on the csv structure and all this mass import of products, images, etc. being the main interest in doing all this the idea to connect Hikashop to some kind ofPOS system. I know that this is not an easy road but i'm very happy i'm working on that.

I want to share information about the troubles i find while working on this.

My integration is as simple as possible, i will only, in this first phase, put a lot of products with just one characteristic in a lot of different categories and i hope to be able to update just the product price and product quantity based on the product id and product code on the ****_hikashop_product table, i'll be talking about this in the future, by now i'm just importing all the products and automating the characteristics creation as i explained before in this post and making a lot of csv's

Whatever, i want to report that there is an extrange behavior when importing your products with variants with the csv import.

My case was this, i have imported a product with a csv like this:

"product_id","product_parent_id","product_name","product_quantity","product_code","product_type","categories","price_value","price_currency_id","images","Dim. Base"
599,0,"CANDELIERE CENTRALE 60 Gradi INOX ",-1,,"main",18,10,"EUR","prodotti/ancoraggio/basi/EUH0221A.jpg","7/8 in."
600,599,,-1,"EUH0221A ","main",,10,"EUR",,"7/8 in."
601,599,,-1,"EUH0223A ","variant",,20,"EUR",,"1 in. "
602,599,,-1,"EUM0221A ","variant",,30,"EUR",,"22mm "
603,599,,-1,"EUM0223A ","variant",,40,"EUR",,"25mm "

as you see there are 2 "main" products that will crash everything when you import, the fact is that it actually writes that data in the database and if you change that problem in the csv and reimport this:

"product_id","product_parent_id","product_name","product_quantity","product_code","product_type","categories","price_value","price_currency_id","images","Dim. Base"
599,0,"CANDELIERE CENTRALE 60 Gradi INOX ",-1,,"main",18,10,"EUR","prodotti/ancoraggio/basi/EUH0221A.jpg","7/8 in."
600,599,,-1,"EUH0221A ","variant",,10,"EUR",,"7/8 in."
601,599,,-1,"EUH0223A ","variant",,20,"EUR",,"1 in. "
602,599,,-1,"EUM0221A ","variant",,30,"EUR",,"22mm "
603,599,,-1,"EUM0223A ","variant",,40,"EUR",,"25mm "

It won't accept the change... you need to go directly to the database and remove the product manually from the ****_hikashop_product table and then reimport everything, no matter if you cancel the product from the listing in the hikashop backend

I hope HS team works a little bit on the import/export zone of the program.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13072
11 years 8 months ago #61739

Hi,

When I import your first CSV, I don't have any crash. I have the error message:
The product EUH0221A should have an empty value instead of the value 599 in the field product_parent_id as it is a main product (not a variant) and thus doesn't have any parent.

Also, when I import the second CSV after deleting the product EUH0221A via the products listing, it imports the CSV just fine.

So as far as I can see, everything is working as expected.

Maybe you have an old version of HikaShop and that's why these edge cases are not handled properly ?

I did my tests with the 1.5.9 release.

The following user(s) said Thank You: protorob

• Thank you received: 14
11 years 8 months ago #61743

mmm, i'm on 1.5.8, i hope everything goes ok when upgrading.

Thanks in advance

• Thank you received: 13072
11 years 8 months ago #61745

There are some issues with the current release and we are working on a new release for the end of the week in order to fix all that.
I would recommend to wait for now.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds