Could I use HIkashop to sell memberships?

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 7 months ago #66161

HI All,

This one is a little urgent.

I have 2 clients waiting for my response :)

Since we are putting hikashop in both of them, is there a way how i could sell memberships that last 2, 6 and 1 year?? We would need some sort of automated system to send notifications to people when their membership is about to expire.
Essentially it would be the same as support subscription.

Would it work to use HikaSerial for that? Although, we would have to make sure that serial numbers have a validity date.....

Any thoughts or suggestions for that???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 7 months ago #66298

Hi,

You can do that with the akeeba subscription integration that we made:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...a-subscriptions.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: gidgie

11 years 7 months ago #66552

HI Nicolas,

Thanks for that - I will have to look into it all :)

11 years 7 months ago #68243

HI Nicolas,

I had a good look at Akeeba Subscriptions and some sections are still rather mysterious to me. However, i just wanted to check if workarounds with Hikashop will really work the way i expect.

What I am intending to do is to create 2 products for 2 different memberships. User info will be fetched at the registration ( we only need name, address and email anyway). One of the memberships will give users more privileges - this will be achieved through assigning user to that group after purchase. The subscription will be added through akeeba subs plugin for hikashop. And this is the bit where i get unsure - will then akeeba send out the user reminder about their membership expiration????

Akeeba seems a little difficult to get, especially after dealing with Hikashop for a while.....

Thanks in advance!

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 7 months ago #68433

Hi,

Yes, when the end of the subscription period is close, Akeeba subscriptions will send an email and ask the user to renew. You can customize the emails and give them links to the HikaShop product pages where the users will be able to buy again the product and HikaShop would then extend the subscription automatically when the product is bought again.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds