Odd export file result

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 1 month ago #42330

I can't figure out why my export file (using Joomla 1.5.2) is showing in the attached. I can't seem to convert for proper use in a report. This is only 1 order. I use this for Joomla 2.5 and it works fine (except for some issues I'm still waiting on resolution).

I can't imagine if I had many orders (expected) the time to convert to a readable format.

Please advise. Thx

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
12 years 1 month ago #42332

Hi,

That file is totally ok.
You must not be used the proper tool/options to open that file.
Try to open it with Excel or openoffice calc with the semi colon as separator and it will display nicely in a table.

12 years 1 month ago #42338

I know EXACTLY how to convert csv to readable excel format. I mentioned that I have this program installed for Joomla 2.5 installation and the csv file converts perfectly. Knowing how to convert is not my problem.

My concern with this Joomla 1.5.25 version, is the csv file has odd csv broke up this 1 order and grabs other info. The 1 order seems to have been broken up in two lines rather than one long string matched up with the field headings.

I don't know how to explain this any better.

Here's the file converted. I would like to see your converted version of the file I submitted in my post above and see what I mean.

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #42339

Ok, I see what you mean.

The file that you submitted in our first post has already been transformed by some tool as the double quotes are not correct. They are all doubled.
I've reverted that back with notepad++ via a simple search and replace of "" to ". I've attached the corrected file.
Then, I opened it with openoffice calc and it displayed nicely on two lines. One for the headers, one for the order data.

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #42342

I respect your experience as I am not a core programmer; but I consider myself an expert in Excel programming.

But apparently I can't get my message across. I did not change anything from the original raw file output that was exported of the 1 order. WYSIWYG in my file attachment initially submitted. I'm trying to figure out whether to stick with this program for Joomla 1.5.25 installations or not.

I'll try to figure this out on my own. :(

thank you

12 years 1 month ago #42343

No I got what you said. But I don't have the problem you have when I open a CSV exported from HikaShop.
Multiple lines in fields of the CSVs are handled properly and normally displayed in one cell, not like in your screenshot.

You can try on our demo website. The CSVs can be opened directly and are displayed properly.
Our demo website is also on Joomla 1.5. The version of Joomla does not change anything for the export.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds