When trying to import 400 products hikashop dies

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #42593

Hi guys, I've sorted diversity of problems configuring hikashop but unfortunately I'm facing another one:

I'm trying to import more than 400 products into hikashop and it consumes a lot of RAM and it breaks up. Just because of RAM or timeout.

The problem is that I have more than 100.000 products to import, and I can't figure out a way to do it without hundreds of import cycles.

If you guys know a solution , please let me know

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #42729

You could increase the max_execution_timeout and memory_limit options of your PHP temporarily in order to import all your products.
If you can't do that on your online website, you can always do it on your local computer and export export/import the hikashop product/price/category... tables back on your online website.

12 years 1 month ago #43313

My default memory limit in PHP is 128M. I changed it 1128M and tried to import the exported file from the demo site:

Allowed memory size of 1.283.457.024 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261.904 bytes) in...

More then 1 Gigabyte is not enough?? It's not a memory leak?? How can I import then? :SSS I dont have more space on localhost :OOO
Is there any other solution?

Thanks
SQ

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sharq.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #43482

No, 128M should be more than enough.
The problem must come from the CSV. The format must not be compatible with what HikaShop expects and thus it loops on something and eat up all the resources allocated.
You should check your CSV against an exported CSV of HikaShop to make sure that the column names are correct and that the data is too.

12 years 1 month ago #43492

Thanks your answer, i will try soon! :)

(Sorted.: There was syntax error in the code :))

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sharq.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds