processing payment & image resize problem

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #42766

Hi,

i'm new to joomla and new to Hika Shop, so please don't laugh at me if i'm asking stupid question....

here is mysite, still under construction... www.orchidmelfashion.com/monashcatering :P
test login :
account: test1
psw: 12345

Ok, first, i'm just wondering is there a way to improve the speed of the process when customer select a payment and then click on 'next' to use that payment. For instance, i've added some items in my cart, and decide to check out, i'm trying to use paypal to process payment, but it always takes me about 30 seconds to turn to paypal page. Apparently, customers won't love this shopping experience. And when i trying to press the 'next' button again to see whether i did not press it properly (as it takes really long), and the thing is, i had then received another order of that. What i should do to avoid that, and What should i do to increase the speed when doing that. By the way, I don't think that's a server problem, because the rest of my sites are working properly.

Second thing is how do i make the image size bigger on the website, i had upload a big picture for my products, however on the product listing page, category page and product page, the images have been re-sized to small ones. I believe, there must have to set that.

also, just have another thing to add, do you have a paypal test approach before i actually make my site go live?

Many thanks for your help,

Ray

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by rayjiang.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #42769

Regarding the time it takes at the end of the checkout, it's indeed not normal. I would that it is caused by your email server.
At the end of the checkout, the system sends two emails, one to the customer, one to the administrator. Sending an email usually takes most of the page speed. If there is a problem with your email server, that can easily delay everything else.
With the Business edition of HikaShop, you can disable the emails via the menu System->Emails. That should hopefully solve the problem.
Also, you can try to configure your email settings in the Joomla configuration so that it uses another email server in order to see if that's really coming from that (although I don't see anything else which could cause such delay).

You can change the size of images via the tab Files of the configuration.

If you want to test PayPal, you should use the PayPal sandbox. We have some documentation on that on the paypal plugin's help:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ent-paypal-form.html

12 years 1 month ago #43116

Thank you sooooooooo much for explanation!

Regarding the email server, are you talking about my email server only or it may be the test account's email server? As you explained the system will send email to customer and myself. BTW, i'm using gmail, do you think that's a good idea if i'm going to use the email server that offered by the server which my site is hosting at the moment, cos as i see it, they are in the same server (same provider).

Also, i'm wondering does hika support multi-store multi-vendor stuff?

Kind regards,

Ray

12 years 1 month ago #43251

It will probably be a lot faster if you use your hosting's email server rather than gmail's.

We're actually working on a multi vendor feature for HikaShop. But it won't be ready before a few months.

12 years 1 month ago #43572

Yes, you're right. I tested it, it has been improved a lot! Thanks again! Also, i just want to ask do you have any shipment tracking stuff? BTW, i'm from Australia, if Hika Shop have any Australia based delivery companies or extensions with shipment tracking stuff, that will be great!

Again, thanks a lot for your help!

Ray

12 years 1 month ago #43754

There is no tracking. However, if you just want to add the tracking code to the order, you can create a custom field of the table "order" via the menu Display->Views (business edition). You will be able to display it in the emails and on the invoice (you will also have to remove the "fields" view from the checkout workflow of the configuration).

12 years 1 month ago #43963

Ok, I got it, thanks!

Do you have any CAPTCHA out there to protect 'contact us' page and 'register' page? I know Joomla have many CAPTCHA extensions working on that, i tried a few, but they can only protect the default register page, not the Hika's. Could you please give me some suggestion?

Regarding the maintenance, what kind of maintenance does a shopping cart site require? Sorry for keep bothering you, it's really my first time developing an online shopping cart website, any suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ray

12 years 1 month ago #44135

Why not use the one we provide ? :)
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-with-recaptcha.html
It works for the registration in joomla, in hikashop and the contact page too.

Regarding the maintenance of your website, you need to keep updating all the extensions on it so that you don't have any security holes in it. Otherwise, your website could be compromised. You need to handle orders, products, clients, etc.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds