Dunno if it's a bug, but... Legacy?

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #45518

Hi there. We're using the latest version of HikaShop, on a Joomla 2.5.3 installation, and we're using a Joomlart 2+ template with its JA extension manager. This insists on reporting that HikaShop component and all associated plug ins and modules are legacy and it won't cooperate with them. Clearly it isn't a legacy component, but we can't find why Joomlart would think it is.

Is this something that needs to be addressed at HikaShop level or Joomlart level, because we're stuck with the template for now and are happy using HikaShop?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13086
12 years 1 month ago #45611

Hi,

We've never heard of such thing. HikaShop is definitely not "legacy". Could you do a screenshot of the error ?
Did you ask for more information to joomlart ?
Maybe it's a check in their template which is not done properly.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alloneplanet

12 years 1 month ago #45740

It is my assumption that it's a Joomlart issue- I mean, does legacy even work on 2.5?- but I'm just going through all possibilities. I'll let you know what Joomlart reports back. Ta.

The whole of HikaShop is reported back in the same way- components, plug ins, modules...

Colin

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by alloneplanet.

12 years 1 month ago #45744

There is no legacy mode in 2.5.
There must indeed be a problem in the information they have on their end.

12 years 1 month ago #45910

Joomlart's response, for reference. Is it relevant?

joomlart support forum.

Quoth they

"Hi,
This is more of HikaShop and the way they have marked up their software, probably what they have done is that they have only one package for Joomla 1.5.x and J2.5.x "

Anyway. Thank you again.

12 years 1 month ago #45911

Indeed, our install package is compatible with all the versions of Joomla out there.
So it means that they rely on the xml file in order to guess the compatibility. Which cannot be accurate 100% since xmls which are compatible with all the versions of joomla cannot be distinguished from xmls of extensions comptible with joomla 1.5 only.
So in short: there is no solution.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alloneplanet

12 years 1 month ago #45927

Thanks for your speedy reply Nicolas. It seems like a narrow approach, (which seriously misinforms) by Joomlart. I shall pass it on if you'd like?

12 years 1 month ago #45932

I'm sure that they could improve their algorithm so that if the form xml elements are used in the xml, they could consider the extension as compatible with at least 1.6 (when it was introduced).
But other than that, they won't be able to determine accurately whether the extension can really run on 2.5 by just looking at the xml with the package is compatible with all the versions of joomla. And I don't see what they could do for that.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds