Urgent: Authorize.net error 14 response

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #34679

Hello,

Using the SIM method in Hika shop directing to Authorize.net, we are encountering an inconsistent error from Authorize.net:

Response Reason Code: 14
Response Reason Text: The Referrer or Relay Response URL is invalid.

As stated, the error is inconsistent. When I confirm payment in Hikashop, it redirects me to the payment processor (Authorize.net) - exactly as it should. When my client confirms payment, he sees the error message shown above. We have gotten mixed results from other visitors: Some arrive on the Authorize.net payment page; others see the error message.

Authorize.net tells us that the page is passing several URL variables and that one of them has an error (or is not listed in our relay URLs at Authorize). They said that some of the URLs are correct (which is the reason that it sometimes gets through), but at least one has a problem and that when that is the variable submitted, it fails.

I did a quick view source to find what was being submitted for the x_relay_url, and copied and pasted that into Authorize. Can you tell me what other URLs might affect this, how to find out what is being submitted, etc.?

You can see the page at: http://alabamatalenthunt.com/tickets-and-purchases

You're welcome to create an account and test it or use "test" and "test" for login. Just cancel or close the Authorize.net page without paying. (That user will be deleted after testing is complete.)

Thanks,
Teresa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #34681

The problem was "www"! Yeah, really! I didn't have "www" in my browser address; my client did. I had used the non-www URL in Hikashop configuration and submitted the non-www URL to Authorize so it worked for me. However, when my client tried, Hikashop was submitting the "www" URL to Authorize. (That's a bug that needs to be corrected.)

I even had .htaccess coding to strip "www" in the site (good SEO practice), but it obviously doesn't work.

Temporary solution (until the bug in Hikashop is fixed):
1) Submit the "www" relay URL to Authorize, also.
2) Use SEOCanonicalization plugin (only available for Joomla 1.5) to guarantee that www is stripped.

Either solution should work. I did both.

Hopefully this information will help someone else.

Teresa

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by trustinghim.

• Thank you received: 13081
12 years 3 months ago #34737

Hi,

Thank you for your report. HikaShop submits the URL based on the current URL of the user. The problem was that your user URL should have been redirected automatically to the non www URL so that it would have had the correct relay URL. Also, you actually don't have to configure the relay URL on authorize.net as HikaShop sends it to authorize.net each time. That way, you would have avoided that relay URL mismatch error.

Indeed, the solutions you found are correct.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds