Problem with laguage / translation (file) SOLVED

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #35555

I have been working on creating a small shop with Joomla 1.6.3 and HikaShop ( www.vanuitthart.nl ). Still not finished but work in progress. Everything goes as planned except the laguage. HikaShop wil not display any dutch (nl-NL) in the front nor the back end, I have tried the following:
Joomla is default on Dutch (NL), everything within joomla is translated into dutch, the front and back end.
Downloaded the HikaShop zipfile and installed it from within joomla, on the log file there were no errors.
When I login into the admin i choose Dutch.
The Joomla back end interface is Dutch.
When i go into "Componenten" > Hikashop, Hikashop is in english.
I downloaded the dutch translation file though HikaShop > System > Configuration > Languages again and pressed "save".
Still no go on Dutch.
Manualy downloaded it from the Hikashop website and uploaded it into \Joomla\languages\nl-NL
Still no go on dutch
Enabled the Joomla language Debug option, On the HikaShop dashboard there where 3 not translated strings, added them to the english translation and they worked.
Also added them to the dutch translation but that did not work, hikashop was still in english.
Downloaded the en-GB file and edited the SYSTEM=System string to SYSTEM=Systeem (extra e) and uploaded it again, that did change the text. So the en-GB file is ok abd is read.
Deleted the translation file from \Joomla\languages\en-GB, downloaded the nl-NL version, renamed it to en-GB and uploaded it to \Joomla\languages\en-GB.
And that did NOT work, al the variables are shown as not found, for example ??LAST_7_ORDERS??.
Changed back to all the correct files, downloaded them from the HikaShop website from HikaShop > System > Configuration > Languages. Everything was ok again, but still english.
Did a diff on the en-GB and nl-NL file, only the translation parts are shown as different, as expected.
Opend the dutch translation from HikaShop > System > Configuration > Languages, and did a copy.
Opend the english translation from HikaShop > System > Configuration > Languages, and did a paste.
And that again did NOT work, al the variables are shown as not found, for example ??LAST_7_ORDERS??.
Maybe unix line breaks, deleted the translation file from \Joomla\languages\en-GB, downloaded the nl-NL version, renamed it to en-GB and checked for the line break character, its unix. Uploaded the file to \Joomla\languages\en-GB.
And that did NOT work, al the variables are shown as not found, for example ??LAST_7_ORDERS??.

And now I do not know what to do next. HikaShip wil not go and wont go and refuses to go into Dutch. U guys hate it or something :)

Please could somebody give me some direction on how to solve this.

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Cyber.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #35581

Hi,

You're not crazy. I checked the Dutch language file and there was an error introduced in the latest version made by the translator.
I've fixed it and uploaded the new version of the translation file and it should work now.

12 years 3 months ago #35588

Thanks for the effort (on sunday?). I just logged in and did the download latest version thing several times. Still no change to what I wrote.

Or is there another place where I should download the modified version u mentioned?

How did u find the error in the file? Maybe I can do some debug myself.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #35589

You need to activate both the debug mode and the language debug in the configuration of joomla.
then, near the bottom of your pages on the front end you will see the line number in the file if there is an error in it.

Maybe your browser cached the old translation file so each time it gives you the previous version ?

12 years 3 months ago #35907

Hi Nicolas,

Did the debug thing and saw the problem. Solved it, it is now working like a charm. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds