HikaShop credit card payment plugin

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 3 months ago #36009

Hi,

Do I need any other plugins or subscriptions anywhere to use this plugin? Because obviously when using this payment method the credit card numbers will have to be checked against a database somewhere. Is this free? Can I use this HikaShop plugin out of the box and it will work? Or how does this work exactly. Does it credit the card owner's account automatically, like when using Paypal? Or do I have to perform the transaction myself using the supplied credit card information?

Thanks.

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by obsolum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #36048

Hi,

That plugin only collect the credit card information of the customer. Then, you can process the transaction yourself on your end manually.

If you want the transactions to happen automatically, you should use one of the payment gateway plugins we provide. For example, the PayPal Pro plugin will display the same interface for the credit card information during the checkout but the transaction will happen automatically at the end of the checkout via PayPal servers.

12 years 3 months ago #36088

Okay, thanks for the answer. That's what I expected.

I already use the normal Paypal plugin. How is the Paypal Pro different? Does it not require the customer to have a Paypal account? Ie., he can just use his credit card to pay without signing into a Paypal account? Is that a service I have to pay or register for with Paypal then, or can I just enable the plugin and use it like that?

I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, I've only ever used Paypal methods and thought anything else required a paid subscription with payment gateways.

EDIT: nevermind, just looked at it and it just requires a Paypal Pro account. I'm not sure our company has that yet but I'll look into it.

Thanks again for the answers.

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by obsolum.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #36092

Indeed, it does not require the user to have a PayPal account and everything happens on your website. In fact, even the normal PayPal plugin does not require that if you have a paypal business account (there is a small link on the paypal page to directly enter the credit card information without creating a paypal account).

12 years 3 months ago #36094

Ah, perfect, I don't need the Paypal Pro plugin then.

Thanks!

I'll be upgrading to the Business version next week.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds