"Registration" only in commercial version any more

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #36875

Hi,

I use(d) Hikashop for my own little fleamarket on my private website. Since shortly, buyers MUST register to checkout while before it was possible that a buyer can order something without registering. I don't want tons of registered users to my website because it's just a private website and I chose Hikashop because with it I could put up my fleamarket really easily.

Because of this change, Hikashop became essentially useless to me which means, i have to deinstall it and install some other shop system and put all the stuff in again.

I don't have much hope that it will happen but I would still like to put up a feature request to make this parameter available in the free version again.
It's always REALLY bad to move options that used to be free to a paid version. And at least I am not going to spend over 100€ just to sell a few things that I don't need any more.

Edit:
Besides the time for putting the stuff in, I also spend considerable time adjusting the CSS to my site.
All in all, I'm very disappointed!
REALLY bad style!

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sgofferj.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #36883

Hi,

As I replied to you on the JED, guest checkout has always been in our commercial editions.
It's too bad that you had to redo your website on a misunderstanding.
We NEVER move features from the Starter edition (the free one) to our commercial editions. I can understand how it would be disappointing for someone using the free edition to see a feature he was using to not be usable anymore after updating ! So we don't do that.

Also, the Essential edition, where you will also find this feature, costs only 49.95€ (if you're not in Europe or if you have a VAT number).

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #36894

It was working in 1.5.4. I configured and tested it.
Was there some time-limited test phase which was not clearly announced during install?

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #36895

No, it has never worked in the Starter edition. It has always been disabled in the free edition.
I can send you the 1.5.4 package if you want to check. The "Registration" option of the Checkout tab of the configuration which allows you to pass your checkout in guest checkout mode was disabled in that version, the versions before and the versions after.

As I said, we never removed any feature from the Starter edition to move it to the commercial editions. That would be against what we believe. We provide a solution to help people, not to try to screw them.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds