No Contact Us Button on Specific Product

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #37842

Good Morning,

I haven't been using the Contact Us option but thought I'd check it out and ran into a problem.

J-1.5.25
Hikashop-1.5.5 Commercial

If I set the Contact Us option for all products, it works. If I set the option for specific products and set the option in a specific product, no Contact Us button appears.

I see that there was a bug fix in 1.5.6 for another issue related to this option, but it doesn't sound like it was the same problem.

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #38003

Hi,

Are you using variants/characteristics ?

If so, you should try this modification:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/3...isappears.html#37769

12 years 2 months ago #38019

Hi Nicolas,

I do use variants/characteristics and I did make the change suggested in the other post, but still have the problem. The issue addressed in that post is slightly different than mine. He lost the Contact button after changing a Variant, but on mine, I never see the Contact button at all, unless the option to show it on ALL products is selected.

On this page, www.highdesertvideo.com/dvd-catalog-2/pr.../category_pathway-10 , the option is set for that product only and in Configuration/Display, the option to show Contact button is set for On Per Product Basis.

Regards,
Ed

12 years 2 months ago #38103

Hi,

There seems to be a problem indeed.

Could you replace the line:
$checkfields = array('product_name','product_description','prices','images','discount','product_url','product_weight','product_weight_unit','product_keywords','product_meta_description','product_dimension_unit','product_width','product_length','product_height','files');

by:
$checkfields = array('product_name','product_description','prices','images','discount','product_url','product_weight','product_weight_unit','product_keywords','product_meta_description','product_dimension_unit','product_width','product_length','product_height','files','product_contact');

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php and try again ?

12 years 2 months ago #38129

You Da Man Nicolas!

Looks like that fixed it. Is there any chance that will cause problems someplace else?

I checked to make sure that Contact Us on All products still works and also tested that the button works when Variants are selected and tabs changed. All seems to be good now!

Regards,
Ed

12 years 2 months ago #38208

I don't see a problem happening because of that.

We'll add that change to next release.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds