Missing Configuration Options

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 2 months ago #38253

Hi,

I have a local test site that has Joomla 2.5.1 and Hikashop Essential 1.5.6 installed and a test site on a web server that has Joomla 1.7.3 and Hikashop Essential installed. I've spent an hour or so trying to get the two sites working the same but without any success - can't get the 2.5 to work like the 1.7

I've just gone through checking the settings on both sites - comparing them side by side and have noticed that the 2.5 site has missing options on the Configuration->Display screen as compared to the 1.7.3 site. Default Parameters for Products and Default Parameters for Categories are both affected as are the corresponding sections in the sections for creating/editing modules.

The differences can be seen in the attached screen dump.

Any thoughts on a fix or should I roll-back in the short term?

Regards,
Martyn.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by expertbeginner. Reason: Changed images for clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #38331

Hi,

These options where added in 1.5.6.
If you don't have them on your 2.5.1, it means that you're not using the latest version but the one before.
First, go in the menu Components->HikaShop->Update/About us in your 2.5.1 back end and make sure that you have the latest version, 1.5.6
If not, update.

If it says that you have 1.5.6, then it means that you had a problem during the update to 1.5.6 on your 2.5.1 website. In that case, the best is to change the 'version' entry of the table jos_hikashop_config to 1.5.5, and try to install again the new version. That will trigger the whole update process again.

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 2 months ago #38390

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply.

The Update/About Us page was displaying 1.5.6. I reinstalled as suggested and can confirm that the options are now present - fixed.

Regards,
Martyn.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds