Paypal invalid transaction + no confirmation

• Thank you received: 613
8 years 1 week ago #239659

Hello,

Thanks for your precise return !

To ask to your question, you just have to updates your HikaShop Version to have your plugins updated too.

Q: Do you check sales data on your Paypal settings page ?
A: please see attachment for settings

Here, I mean your paypal page settings (on www.paypal.com/businessexp/ ...) reports about orders with this issue, in order to see if we can have more details.

Now, we have some return from some clients that have sometimes invalid status return from paypal server for an unknow reason.
So, do you have just some of your orders with this issue OR all of them and you never succeed to reach a complete order process ?
To precise my idea, paypal servers seems to be in maintenance and so make failed some orders, have you contact paypal support in order to see this point ?

Awaiting your returns.

Regards.

Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
8 years 1 week ago #239759

I will check in Paypal with the orders, it is a clients account so I will have to gain access first and get back to you on that.

As for it being a problem with PayPal because they are in maintenance at the moment, I have tested this several times myself and 20 orders have processed so far where I have to manually change them from created to confirmed. This has been over the last 4 days so i would guess it is not from that.

Q; do you have just some of your orders with this issue OR all of them and you never succeed to reach a complete order process ?
A: All sales done with Paypal never complete the order process and just stay as 'Created'

HikaShop: v.2.5.0
Joomla: v.3.4.3

• Thank you received: 13102
8 years 1 week ago #239779

Hi,

Then the problem is either that HikaShop is not receiving payment notifications from PayPal or that it can't validate them with PayPal's server.
Normally, following this documentation should allow you to find the issue and correct it:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

The fix that I last proposed to @Foxworks is a possibility but in that case make sure that you enter the IPs of PayPal in the settings of the PayPal payment method. That should make it secure enough to avoid issues.
But it would indeed be better to find why it does that. Normally, if the connection to PayPal cannot be established, there is a problem with either the data received which is msising (due to a redirect by something else on the website), or with the SSL module, or outoing connections not available on the server.

8 years 6 days ago #239869

I have now tried the following with no success:
1. Disabled RSFirewall as I thought it might be blocking the return URL.
2. looked in the PayPal settings and I could not see any settings that relate to logs on transactions, all transactions are Payment Status: Completed & Payment type: Instant
3. updated to com_hikashop_business_v2.6.3.tar
4. after update set plugin to debug mode and tested another sale, there is still nothing in the log file.
5. in the updated paypal.php file I added the before mention fix with no success.

Do you require access details as I am at a loss with this problem.

8 years 6 days ago #239882

Access is not necessary. Just follow the documentation.
After the sale with the debug mode, if you don't have anything in the payment log of the HikaShop configuration, then you need to look for the payment notification URL in the apache access log of your web server.

8 years 5 days ago #239995

Your website is on localhost (ie. not accessible from the Internet). PayPal can only send payment notifications to HikaShop if your website is accessible from the outside.
- It is on a server

Your website is protected by an .htaccess which only allows the access when the correct username/password is entered. PayPal doesn't know the username/password of your .htaccess and thus cannot contact HikaShop.
- It is the generic Joomla .htaccess file

You changed your .htaccess file to add rules to increase your website security and it doesn't allow PayPal servers to send the notifications. You should try to remove them to see if it works.
- It is the generic Joomla .htaccess file

Your website is in maintenance and only accessible for users with an administrator account. PayPal won't be able to contact HikaShop because Joomla won't authorize him.
- No, the site is live.

In the same manner, the menu on the checkout is not accessible to non logged in users.
- All access setting are standard and set to Public

The option "allow payment notifications from paypal" of the PayPal is turned off. You should turn it on.
- It is turned on

You changed the IPs in the PayPal IPs option of the PayPal plugin.
- I have tried it with No IP & refreshed IP using IPs supplied from the refresh.

You have a security component which forbids scripts to contact your website. You should ask a solution from your security component provider.
- I have disabled RSFirewall, this is the only site protection i am using

With versions of Joomla before 2.5.4 the languagefilter plugin had a bug removing the POST information by doing a redirect when it was not necessary. So if you use an older version of Joomla with the languagefilter plugin activated,
either deactivate it if you don't use it or update Joomla.
- It is Joomla 3.5.1

MobileJoomla apparently redirects payment requests loosing the POST data in the process.
- What is MobileJoomla? is it is component or plugin then I am not using it.

Your HikaShop menus have not the access level public. Because of that PayPal servers cannot access your shop to notify HikaShop from the payment. You should configure the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration to a public menu that while your categories/products listings are not accessible to your users, PayPal will be able to notify HikaShop.
- I have done this, no change.

Please make sure that the access level Public of your PayPal payment method is ticked, otherwise the access to the notification will be denied to PayPal (for the Business edition only).
- The access level is set to 'ALL'

Please make sure that the payment is accepted in your PayPal account. If the automatic validation of the payments is not turned on in your PayPal account, PayPal won't send the payment notification to HikaShop and your orders won't be
confirmed !
- looked in the PayPal settings and I could not see any settings that relate to logs on transactions, all transactions are Payment Status: Completed & Payment type: Instant

You need to turn on the debug option of your payment plugin and process a new order. Then, look at your payment log file in the Files tab of the configuration. There will be written the traces of what happened when the payment plugin was triggered. If the file is empty, it means that something blocked the notification before it reached HikaShop. In that case, you should look in your website access log for the notification URL of the paypal plugin: index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal
- I have turned on the debug mode and tested another sale, there is still nothing in the log file. I have searched the access logs and found the following:

58.165.38.174 - - [12/May/2016:09:24:56 +1000] "GET /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment=paypal HTTP/1.1" 200 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.94 Safari/537.36"

58.165.38.174 - - [12/May/2016:09:24:56 +1000] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 404 1068 "http://www.emmett-technique-hq.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment=paypal" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.94 Safari/537.36"

8 years 5 days ago #240014

Hi,

The last point is the interesting one.
The goal here is to look for the payment notification request coming from the PayPal servers to your website to tell HikaShop that the payment has been received.
If you read these two log lines you can see "GET" and "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.94 Safari/537.36"
These means that two payment notification requests arrived on the server, however they were not sent by PayPal. They were sent by a browser with someone typing the notification URL directly in the address bar.
If it was sent by PayPal instead of GET you would get POST and instead of the browsers name, you should get something else saying that it comes from a script/software.
So I suppose that these two requests were done by yourself when you were doing your tests.

So if you don't have any other entries for the notification URL in your access log, it means that your server is not receiving any payment notification from PayPal. So it's normal that HikaShop cannot confirm orders.
In that case, you need to contact the PayPal merchant support and ask them to help you understand why your server is not getting the payment notifications from PayPal. Maybe there is something to do in the settings of your merchant account ?

8 years 3 days ago #240161

Thanks, I will do that but you do understand PayPal is just a robot with no actual people working there :) and getting support from them is like getting your cat to make you breakfast :whistle:

8 years 2 days ago #240207

Just a thought, do you think this whole problem would be because the PayPal Account is not a Business Account???

8 years 2 days ago #240210

Hi,

No, it should work fine either way.

8 years 1 day ago #240294

Should the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) settings in PayPal be turned on? mine is not.

I have attached a screen shot from the IPN history (now deleted), I hope it helps.

Last edit: 8 years 19 hours ago by danpoole.

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 1 day ago #240303

Hi,

Yes I really think that it should be enabled.
Without the notification, HikaShop can't know if the payment has been done or not, and so can't update the order status correctly.

8 years 19 hours ago #240388

That fixed it :angry:

In PayPal I Turned on the IPN and set the URL to...

http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal

...and now it is confirming the orders.

I am happy to resolve this but I'm more than disappointed that there is NO mention of this in the PayPal setup instructions...
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/32.html

Or the Troubleshooting document...
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...nt-paypal-error.html

Thanks for your support on this anyway.

P.S. I also have another component taking Booking Order payments via PayPal and I have a sneaking suspicion that adding the IPN in paypal will mess with this component. So hopefully NOT, but this could be continued.

Last edit: 8 years 19 hours ago by danpoole.

8 years 7 hours ago #240427

Hi,

This actually should not be necessary (It's turned off on our own PayPal merchant account...) because HikaShop already sends that URL to PayPal if the "allow payment notifications from PayPal" setting is activated in the PayPal payment method settings (and we mention that this option should be set in the documentation). Having the ecommerce solution send the notification URL allows for several ecommerce solutions using the same merchant account with different notification URLs (so your concern with your PS should be fine normally and the other solution should also send its payment notification URL to PayPal).
But maybe there is a glitch with your PayPal account. That's why it's best to see with PayPal support in such cases as we already list the different things to check in HikaShop and on your website.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds