Subscription + Recurring payments

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #225757

A quick search leads me to believe that Emerald + Paypal recurring might be my only choice with Hikashop?

I have used Hikashop for a few eCommerce sites. I like it well enough and now I am familiar with it.

I may have a client that want's to deliver his product to customers on a monthly or bimonthly basis.

I am looking for a solution that lets the customer choose the products and perhaps delivery terms with recurring billing. At the very least an email notification that they are do for another delivery and should make a purchase.

Is Emerald + Paypal recurring the way to go? Customers would choose multiple products and those would be delivered monthly or bimonthly and charged.

I am a little concerned about Emerald as the site does not load currently.
www.mintjoomla.com

Edit: Emerald addon site is up, perhaps I just caught it at the wrong time.

My questions still stands

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by blbeta. Reason: Checked mintjoomla.com and it was up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 3 months ago #225773

Hi,

HikaShop and Emerald integrate fine with the integration enabling Emerald subscriptions to be HikaShop products. So, customers are then able to e.g. add Emerald subscriptions to the HikaShop cart, multiple at once, together with other HikaShop products, you can use the HikaShop currency and all other systems, etc. Subscription pricing and all other sales-related things for subscriptions are then set and managed in HikaShop, while Emerald still manages subscription-related things such as e.g. user groups, duration, subscription status emails, etc.

However, recurring payments for Emerald subscriptions sold through HikaShop are then not possible, as per Sergey's (mintjoomla.com) statement in his support forum:

Recurring process will not work with Hikashop. Since you pay through Hikashop payment gateway it will not setup paypal subscription. It is technically not there. So you can only purchase plan with Hikashop product but you cannot setup recurring subscription.
You see Emerald in this integration is side extension. You make your purchase through Hikashop. And Hikashop get data and send to paypal to initialize payment. Emerald has nothing to do with that. We only create subscription to user when successful order occur.

(Quoted from the thread www.mintjoomla.com/support/community-for...ok-and-function.html )

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by lousyfool. Reason: few typos in the quote

8 years 1 month ago #232863

blbeta wrote: A quick search leads me to believe that Emerald + Paypal recurring might be my only choice with Hikashop?

I have used Hikashop for a few eCommerce sites. I like it well enough and now I am familiar with it.

I may have a client that want's to deliver his product to customers on a monthly or bimonthly basis.

I am looking for a solution that lets the customer choose the products and perhaps delivery terms with recurring billing. At the very least an email notification that they are do for another delivery and should make a purchase.

Is Emerald + Paypal recurring the way to go? Customers would choose multiple products and those would be delivered monthly or bimonthly and charged.

I am a little concerned about Emerald as the site does not load currently.
www.mintjoomla.com

Edit: Emerald addon site is up, perhaps I just caught it at the wrong time.

My questions still stands

Hello
I too isntaller plg_emerald.hikashop.emerald.j3.v.9.7.zip and action_emerald.j3.hikashop.v.9.8.zip in my joomla site with 3 HikaShop essential yet I see no plug in . how to please utiisé plugin?
Thank you

8 years 1 month ago #232864

Bonjour
j'ai moi aussi installer plg_emerald.hikashop.emerald.j3.v.9.7.zip et action_emerald.j3.hikashop.v.9.8.zip dans mon site joomla 3 avec hikashop essentiel pourtant je ne vois aucun plugin. comment utilisé se plugin svp ?
Merci

8 years 1 month ago #232869

lenfanta wrote: Hello
I too isntaller plg_emerald.hikashop.emerald.j3.v.9.7.zip and action_emerald.j3.hikashop.v.9.8.zip in my joomla site with 3 HikaShop essential yet I see no plug in . how to please utiisé plugin?
Thank you

Hi,

You'll find it among the Joomla plugins under the name "Hikashop Emerald Membership Integration" - make sure it's enabled there.
Then you'll need to install the "HikaShop integration" as "Action" in Emerald plans.

If you'll have more problems with the plugin, you should probably contact the developer Sergey at Mintjoomla/Emerald support.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

7 years 11 months ago #240999

Lousyfool

Did you succeed in finding an answer for Emerald plugin ? I'm looking for one also because I have the same question you had two monthe ago

Thanks for your help

Joomla 3.6.4
Hikashop Business 2.6.4
PHP 5.7
Navigateur Chrome 50 ou Mozilla 5

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 10 months ago #241012

Hi,

Reading again Lousyfool's answer, it seems that he gave the solution you're looking for:

You'll find it among the Joomla plugins under the name "Hikashop Emerald Membership Integration" - make sure it's enabled there.
Then you'll need to install the "HikaShop integration" as "Action" in Emerald plans.

7 years 10 months ago #241052

Nathy78 wrote: Lousyfool
Did you succeed in finding an answer for Emerald plugin ? I'm looking for one also because I have the same question you had two monthe ago

I didn't ask a question in this thread, only tried to provide answers, so I'm not sure what you're referring to by "same question" as me.
If it is about lenfanta's question, Nicolas is right and I gave the answer already.

Please note:
This is about Emerald v9 (there's a v10 on the way) and as of a few months ago. I doubt anything relevant has changed in v9 since, but again, for more details you should certainly ask the Emerald developer.

7 years 10 months ago #241108

Emerald developper doesn't answer the question people ask him....

I already bought the plugin, I followed the very few information to configure it but nothing happends when I try to make it work.

I don't quite understand what means Emerald's developper when he says : create an hikashop action after installation of plugin. And I cannot succeed in getting dashbord of Emerald as showed on internet... That's why I try to find someone who has already used this plugin !

Joomla 3.6.4
Hikashop Business 2.6.4
PHP 5.7
Navigateur Chrome 50 ou Mozilla 5

7 years 10 months ago #241122

Well, it'd be certainly a good idea to first get Emerald working on your website, incl the frontend setup ("dashboard"), e.g. by having Joomla plugins enabled, by creating the necessary menu items, etc. Then you need to create/configure the HikaShop action in Emerald, indeed.

Most of this is described in Emerald docs. And typically Sergey answers questions - but in his Mintjoomla forum, not here... ;)

7 years 10 months ago #241111

Hi,

There is the documentation about actions for Emerald that I could find on Google:
docs.mintjoomla.com/en/emerald/plan-actions
So I suppose that you need to select a HikaShop action as explained on that page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tbroderick

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 8 months ago #246709

We would like to provide the option of recurring orders. This is the process we would like to use for a 30 day subscription plan. Is it possible using Emerald 9 with Hikashop? I asked Sergey at MintJoomla. His reply is below my question. I do not understand what Emerald 9 does with HIkashop. Can a 30 day recurring order be automated and managed in Hikashop using the Emerald 9 plugin?

"1. Customer selects a product and quantity. Or, they are shown product offers on a single product page of which one of the offers is a subscription offer. This screenshot is an example.
2. Customer is asked if they want to receive the product monthly.
3. If "yes", they are added to the Subscription plan using Emerald 9.
4. Customer pays for the current order using Authorize.Net
5. Then, every 30 days, a new order is automatically generated in Hikashop
The customer automatically pays for the order using Authorize.Net.
6. If the customer wants to make changes or cancel their subscription, they can log into their account in Hikashop and make the changes.
7. Or, if the customer calls my client to cancel or make a change to their subscription, the client can make changes to the User's order using the Hikashop backend Admin.

I have used a numbered outline for the process to make it easier for you to provide your response. I am extremely hopeful that Emerald 9 will be able to handle this.

Last, if Emerald and Hikashop can handle this process flow, are there specific steps you can point me to that will allow me to set this up on a test website. Even better, is there a demo of the frontend and backend where I can follow along with your instructions to see how it is set up?"

SERGEY'S RESPONSE

"I do not know if Hikashop can automatialy generate orders every 30 days and charge the customer. But if it can, then Emerald should work just fime. It will add new subscription every time hikashop create new order on that particualr poduct.

There is integration that simply create subscription when accosiated product had been purchased. That is it. Nothing more. So everything goes on the sholders of hikashop. If it can do recurring payments, then it is ok. But emerald will not be able to continue recurre payment made through Hikashop."

7 years 8 months ago #246748

Hi,

In order for recurring payments to be possible, it requires that the payment gateway supports recurring payments and that the payment plugin that is developed for the payment gateway supports it too.
If that's the case, then the payment plugin generates new orders when recurring payments occur, which trigger the integration plugin with emerald, which extends the subscription in emerald.

The authorize.net payment plugin doesn't support recurring payments so what you want is not possible in the current situation.
It would require modifying the authorize.net payment plugin to be able to support that feature of the payment gateway.
So a developer would be able to add that if you need it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tbroderick

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 8 months ago #246784

Thanks, Nicolas.

Is there a Hikashop payment gateway and plugin that works "out of the box" without needing a developer?

If not, are there instructions for building this plugin that you can direct me to that I can forward to our developer?

Thanks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: PolishedGeek

7 years 8 months ago #246813

Hi,

There is the PayPal recurring payment plugin that we developed especially for the recurring system of PayPal. However, it was developed to work with Akeeba Subscriptions:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...a-subscriptions.html
To have it working with Emerald would require some modifications in it for the parts relative to Akeeba subscriptions.
That would be simpler than modifying the Authorize.net payment plugin to support Emerald from scratch.

But either way, your developer will find a lot of useful things in that PayPal recurring payment plugin to either modify it to support Emerald, or to modify the authorize.net payment plugin. It's already a good thing to start from that so I would recommand to give him that plugin so that he can base his work out of it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: PolishedGeek, tbroderick

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds