Text Input and File Upload field for each product?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3259

Hi,

My online shop is dealing with customized apparels where we provide personalized printing service to each t-shirt my customer purchase. So I need a customized field/remark field where my customer can tell me what name to print on that shirt that he is buying. Is there a way to add this "text input box" field to each product page?

I am also thinking of allowing my customer to be able to upload his design for me to print on the shirt he choose from my online store....is there also a way for me to add a upload file field to each product page?

An example can be seen here demo.avactis.com/2.0.0/Custom_T-Shirt_-_...n_design/pid-35.html ( refer to the "comments" box and "upload your design" feature. )

I can't find such feature in hikashop....please advise.
FYI, I will be integrating hikashop to my Joomla site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13072
13 years 4 months ago #3264

Hi,

Both options are not currently possible in HikaShop. They were already requested by other users and are in our todo list already.

13 years 4 months ago #3265

i think you can do so with business version you can add custom field to the order where the the user can add his comment

13 years 4 months ago #3268

Yes you can add custom order fields to ask information on the checkout in the Business version.
But file upload custom fields are not yet handled. And it's not possible to have them on the product page.

13 years 4 months ago #3295

Thanks for the replies.

Hmmm....hope the features can be added soon. And will be for per product page...or else the order will become confuse when customer order more than 1 shirt. Having the comments part upon checkout will not be ideal.

12 years 4 months ago #32842

I think (hope) that the upload file is now an option.

12 years 4 months ago #32863

Yes, since a year ago, we want a long way and you can create custom fields of the type "file" in the Business edition to do that.

11 years 10 months ago #52402

Hi I am trying to build my first online store.
Need some help figuring out whether I can do this with hikashop.

The store will sell digital services. User uploads photos and chooses which services need to be applied.
Will hikashop allow me to get this done?
I will need for the store to be able to calculate final price based on services selected x pictures uploaded.

Thanks and looking ffwd to hearing from you!

Lila

11 years 10 months ago #52462

Hi,

With the Business edition of HikaShop, you can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields so that users can select things, upload files, etc.

Then, if you want the price to be calculated based on the fields, you can create a price calculation override plugin :
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/48193...-height-x-width.html

11 years 4 months ago #81293

Hi,

How can I set the option for file upload on an article? (ive got bus. edition)I've created the custom field. But i can't seem to find where to put this option...

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 4 months ago #81513

Hi,

On an article ? Do you mean a product in the cart ?
If so, it is named "item".
You can see this post : www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/76627-fi...s.html?lang=en#81466

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 5 months ago #221911

Hi,

I can see that this issue has already been solved in the recent business edition of hikashop.
However, i was trying to add a "file" custom field to orders table because i want the customer to upload proof of payment instead of emailing it to me.

I'm only able to upload on the backend and not on the front end. please help. thanks

8 years 5 months ago #221927

Hi,

If you don't get the field on the checkout, it's probably that you removed the "fields" view from the "checkout workflow" setting of the HikaShop configuration.

8 years 5 months ago #222032

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I don't want to show the field on the checkout process. I want to show it on the orders details page of the user.

when the user logs in, if he/she clicks the order history page, and then he/she clicks the order number to see its details, i want the user to be able to upload a file (proof of payment).

what i can do now is i can upload from the /administrator side and just show it on the order details page.

if you can look at the screenshot, it only shows "Additional Information" but user can't upload a file.

Attachments:

8 years 5 months ago #222072

Hi,

There is no system to do that.
You can let the customer upload a file during the checkout with the custom order fields.
But there is no system in place to have him do that on the order details page.
So it would require a custom development to allow for that on your website.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds