Quote creation as part of checkout

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 11 months ago #16054

Hi Nicolas,

I have various corporate customers who need to get internal approvals for their purchases before they proceed. These people usually ask me for a quote before purchase. For me orders outside Hikashop are a nuisance because I have to process them manually. What I want is to be able to offer these customers the ability to stop checkout prior to payment - create a pdf version of the order for their approvals and be able to resume and complete the order when they are ready.

Is there are way to do this?

Conrad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
12 years 11 months ago #16063

Hi,

We have some users we ask us to have a invoice before they can proceed to the payment for HikaShop licences.
What we tell them is to place an order and just close the tab once on paypal. They can then access they orders via the menu Your account->Your orders. There, they can pay for their orders and they can also print an invoice (these two options can be activated in our commercial editions in the checkout tab of the configuration).

You can also use a payment plugin like the check or bank transfer plugins as a "quote" payment choice. That way, your users will be able to select the quote instead of the normal payment method during the checkout. Then, they can access their order to print it or pay it as explained above. There is also an option so that they can change their payment method so they could switch from quote to your normal payment method...

12 years 11 months ago #16365

Hello Conrad,

we have also need a quotation system for corporate clients. We created a 'quotation' payment module that is visible only for special users and a quote status for orders. If you see the thread in this link you can get idea how we did it. Works okay for us. If you need more details let me know.

James

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #58823

Hello James,

I would be interested to know how "quotation" system works for you. I need something similar. I would like to have quotation option where my clients can make quotation and save it for later or convert to order later.

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts

Jerzy

11 years 9 months ago #58873

The cart management system that we want to release for next version of HikaShop will be able to handle that and more.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jerzy

11 years 9 months ago #58920

Hello Nicolas,

I´m very glad to hear this. I bought already your business version of hikashop so it will be wonderful to have quotation system implemented straignt from the start.
Can you give me any estimated dates of release?

Thank you in advance.

11 years 9 months ago #58921

It will be in August. We are still working on finishing the features that we want to have in it and there will be the test phase before we can release.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jerzy

11 years 9 months ago #59479

Hooray!! Looking forward to August. Jerzy if you can't wait I will let you know what we did. You should read this thread where Nicolas ;) helped us implement this solution.

• Thank you received: 17
11 years 9 months ago #59486

My hikashop is a quotation only system, and works really well for us :) simply replacing wording , making a few code mods in the product display and email.

I would so look forward to a hikashop release for quotation system built into the shop as well, great news !

11 years 9 months ago #59491

Thank you James,

I have no clue about coding so if quote system will be a part of Hika then I`m very happy to wait.
It would be nice to know how final Hikashop solution compare to yours.

Thanks again.

jerzy

11 years 8 months ago #61204

Hello Nicolas, has the quotation system been implemented in the 1.5.9 version? I could not find anything in the release notes or documentation. Thanks, James

11 years 8 months ago #61282

It's called cart management.
There is now a carts menu on the user control panel on the front end and a carts menu in the backend so that you can manage the carts of your users.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Duke3D

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 8 months ago #61313

Nick -
On this topic, would you kindly suggest how 1.5.9 might solve or not solve the status confusion issue in www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...e-status-needed.html Thanks

11 years 8 months ago #61317

Re:Nicolas - Thanks

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by jameswadsworth.

11 years 8 months ago #62000

Hi Nicolas,

I can not find cart menu on the backend can you point me out where is this new function located?

11 years 8 months ago #62123

It's the menu Customers->Cart

11 years 8 months ago #62206

Thanks Nicolas, but I still can not find how I can manage implementation of quotation system thru HIKASHOP 1.5.9 do you have any tutorial on this yet?

11 years 8 months ago #62336

What do you want to do with your quotation system ? Please explain and then I can tell you.

11 years 7 months ago #66106

Hello Nicolas,

Sorry for being late with this.

Basically I want my client to put quotation of product with its different options and variants
and safe final quotation without buying the product with final price
as pdf document, or attachment which can be send to client email or just
as document in client account in our website.

• Thank you received: 10
11 years 7 months ago #66122

I'm just a user, but trying to brainstorm:

if you don't use the "Collect on delivery" payment option you could change the words to "Quote Request", so they enter the order, but the payment method is "quote request".

or

with the cart option, the customer can place the items in his or her cart, then go to the accounts page and name the cart such as "Quote Request for H.R." you can see all the carts back-end. The carts have not been processed yet, but you can see exactly what they are requesting a quote for.

I haven't tried either of these, my site is down :(

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds