No longer receiving order notification emails

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #64200

Hi

I can not receive emails when an order has been created so when im out of the office i cannot always know when an order is being made.

- I can receive emails from my site fine
- Users receive confirmation emails of their order

However i do not get any order notifications to my email, my email is correct. Any ideas of the problem?

Many Thanks

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
11 years 8 months ago #64252

Hi,

It could be that you unpublished the order admin notification email via the menu System->Emails or that you configured it in a way that doesn't work.

Are your orders confirmed ?

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 8 months ago #64254

We had similar problem with email addresses that had the same extension as the website address. I had my tech people fix it, but i know they were talking a lot to the hosting company. If you what Nicolas offered does not work let me know, i will dig through files and see what i can find.

11 years 8 months ago #64319

Hi guys thanks for your replys

The email is published and the code for the email is below...not sure if its supposed to be like this.

<?php
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 1.5.8
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010-2012 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
<?php

Could it be the code? im not sure

many than thanks

11 years 8 months ago #64320

If i have to modify my settings with my host, any ideas what settings need to be modify?

Cheers Guys

11 years 8 months ago #64433

Where is the rest of the code ?

That's just the beginning of the code.

There should be tens of lines of code in the email.

If you removed them, that could explain why you don't get the emails as empty emails won't be sent.

11 years 7 months ago #64587

Hi nicolas

Thats exactly what i was thinking! I never deleted it intentionally maybe by mistake while being a noob.....!! where could i get the code from?

many thanks

Nick

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by ngt13.

11 years 7 months ago #64591

If you edited the email via the edition interface in HikaShop, you can just click on the remove customization icon for the email and it will put back the default code.
Otherwise, you will have to get the file media/mail/order_admin_notification.html.php and put it in the media/com_hikashop/mail folder over the email file.

11 years 7 months ago #64603

Hi nicolas

Ok so i pasted the code in the email spacefor the text and html versions. Conducted a test but no luck still didnt receive an email when processed an order.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

11 years 7 months ago #64606

Please remove the customization via the corresponding icon on the listing of emails for the order admin email.

11 years 7 months ago #64654

Thanks

1. Ok when i click the remove customization it refers back to the empty code as the default. The admin order email will not work.

2. When i navigate into the media/com_hikashop/mail/order_admin_notification.html.php and open it the code is full. I pasted this code into the email section and even when this code was in it would not send me a admin notification email.

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 7 months ago #64697

Hey, my tech guy has a short term memory and cannot remember how he solved the problem. However, all he was able to suggest was to talk to your hosting company...
I know that is lame, and sorry i cannot help anymore. Hope you will get that sorted soon!

11 years 7 months ago #64702

1. It could be a problem with the editor. Could you deactivate the codemirror plugin via the joomla plugins manager ?

11 years 7 months ago #64732

Thanks guys for your continued help and support.

Ok so i deactivated the codemirror plugin, processed an order and still no notification email. :( i contacted the host and they seem stumped, they have asked me what info or settings they should be looking at?

11 years 7 months ago #64854

Any ideas guys? new install maybe?

Many Thanks

11 years 7 months ago #64934

Mmm.
I don't think that it could be related to the email settings since you are receiving the other emails.
As I already said, there are only two possibilities as far as I can see:
It could be that you unpublished the order admin notification email via the menu System->Emails or that you configured it in a way that doesn't work.

If most of the text of your email is missing when you edit it, there is definitely something wrong with your email as it is not like that by default and that probably causes the issue.
Now I don't see why restoring that file wouldn't make it work again.

A reinstall might indeed be a good idea and you should remove the media/com_hikashop folder and the hikashop_config table in the database before. That way, it will reset all your settings of HikaShop and the email related files.

11 years 7 months ago #65119

Ok so the email is published and it seems the default setting is strangely empty.

put in the missing code nothing so i guess my only option is to re-install. If i re-install removing the files stated will that reset my whole hika shop?

I what im saying is will i lose the information i have and need to start over and input and set up the shop as if on a fresh install.

Many Thanks

11 years 7 months ago #65268

If you remove the config table, you will have to reconfigure the configuration page of HikaShop and the modules and menus of HikaShop.

If you already had configured products with files and images, I would recommend to keep the media/com_hikashop folder and just remove the media/com_hikashop/mail folder in order to avoid to have to reupload all your images/files.

11 years 7 months ago #65337

Ok this is a bit strange

Deleted the media/com_hikashop/mail folder, performed the re install and the email html area is still blank even after the install.

Go into my ftp and the file is as it should be so copy and paste the code in instead but the mail still doesn't send.

Really stuck for ideas now. even copy and pasted code from another email template (in desperation)but that didn't work. wierd thing is it works for other emails from hika shop ie customers order notification

Whats the next step?

many thanks

11 years 7 months ago #65526

We will need a FTP account and back end account in order to look at that ourselves.

Could you provide that via our contact form ?

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds