Organizing Promo products

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #66402

Hi Guys,
I'm putting together a "request a quote" style website (pricing not important or displayed for quote only) using Hika for a promotional products website. Trying to work out the best approach for managing variants, characteristics etc.

All products have a order quantity characteristic. Unfortunately they vary and maybe 2-5 products share the same order quantity set, ie:

25, 50, 100, 200
then another
250, 500, 1000, 2000

as well there is normally a Print colors characteristic:

1,2,3,not sure
or
1,2,3,4,not sure

Then usually a color variation or similar. this is the only setting that might require changing an image.

What do you think will be the easiest/least confusing way for the client to add their own products (potentially 100's) after handover?

Is it possible to create a "super-set" of quantity and disable depending on the product?
If I create 3 variants do I need to set the color image multiple times for each combination?

Thanks in Advance & let me know if more info is required,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #66451

Hi Chris,

1. I didn't realy understood your question, can you explain it to me :) ?

2. No not necessarily, You can set your "default" pictures through your main product and this main product's variants will take your "default" picture.

11 years 7 months ago #66559

Thanks Mohamed,

Wondering what the best way to organise the 3 characteristics per product would be.

I could end up with 10-15 different characteristics for quantity alone, as there are different sets for different products. Just a thought would be if I could create a characteristic (or something simular with options/custom fields) that contained all the different quantities, assign it to a product and select which quantities to appear?

When viewing the characteristics there is no way to quickly tell which quantity set has which quantities without clicking on each one.

Thanks
Chris

• Thank you received: 13092
11 years 7 months ago #66805

Hi,

You can have just one characteristic with all the values.
Then, once you add your characteristics to a product, you can click on the "manage variants" button and delete all the ones you don't need.
Note that over a few hundred of variants, your server won't be able to handle the load on some pages resulting in blank pages. If you have too many of them, I would recommend to not use a characteristic for the quantity but to use the normal quantity system:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/15254...uantity-ordered.html
and:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/60489-al...s.html?lang=ja#60684

11 years 7 months ago #66884

Hi Guys,
I ended up using options to avoid variant combinations and named them

Quantity25-500
Quantity100-1000
etc

To give an idea of the range to help with selection. Thanks for your help,

Chris

11 years 7 months ago #67213

That is a wide range. I prefer simpler range or shorter range but if you are okay with that, go on B)

www.funpromotionalproducts.com
Promotional Products Supplier – Personalized Executive Gift Items - Fun Promotional Products

11 years 4 months ago #83673

There are some companies which supply promotional product to other companies and organization at a marginal rates. There are various item like t-shirt, pens, torch, caps, calculators, pen drives, etc. you can select the product of your choice and can give demand to these companies.

promo products for various companies

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by joshef.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds