help with filters and searching

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #67706

I hope someone can help. I'm trying to create a filter which searches all my products on a keyword or partial keyword or wildcard. The results are then displayed with the photos of the products.

Ive tried to create a filter but unless you are in the actual category to do the search it returns nothing. I have to go into the the category where the products are to search and then it displays the results. I want to be able to search when not in a category itself eg on the front page and not inside any category.

Has anyone got some step by step instructions to help me create this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #67716

Hi,

I think that you'll just have to use/publish the "HikaShop Filter Module" through "Control Panel->Module Manager"

Hope this will help you.

11 years 7 months ago #67751

The module is published.

I created a new filter . the filter appears ok on my main page. If I search for beans for example nothing is returned.

However if i click into a category, eg tins category where the beans are then do the search it works?

I want to be able to search from my home page without needing to go into a category to search, is this possible?

• Thank you received: 13092
11 years 7 months ago #67908

Yes, that's possible.
in the "menu" option of the module, you need to enter the id of a products listing menu which lists all your products and that will do it.

11 years 7 months ago #67953

thanks for the reply , with regards to the id of a products listing menu, where can I find/edit or create this listing menu

Many Thanks

11 years 7 months ago #68125

If you us the latest version of HikaShop there is already such menu in the hikashop default menus that you will found via the joomla menu joomla.

Otherwise, you will have to create it yourself:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...d.html#products_menu

11 years 7 months ago #68345

I cant work out how a filter is being used on my page. to help me diagnose my search problems i disabled the hika shop filter module and the Hika shop products search module but i still get the filter found at the page below despite the hika shop filter module being disabled and the Hika shop products search module being disabled :-

you can see the filter here : www.britishfoodabroad.co.uk/index.php/products

This filter is published in the filters section of the hika shop menus. are these filters separate from the hika shop filter module and Hika shop products search module? if so what are the differences betweeen all these filters as it seems quite confusing. How is it showing on my page, i cant work out how?

also how can you clear the text in the filter when you revisit the page?

11 years 7 months ago #68550

The filters are displaying automatically on top of the product page. There is no need to have the filters module for that.
On top of their display on top of the product page, you can also display them anywhere on your website thanks to the hikashop filter module.
If you don't want them at the top of the menu, you can just hide them with CSS as explained in the documentation of the filters:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-filter-listing.html

On the other end, if you want to hide the filters on the main area of your page and only display the filters via the module, you can add such CSS (replace the X by the id of your menu) in the front end CSS file of HikaShop via the Display tab of the configuration :
#hikashop_category_information_menu_X .hikashop_filter_main_div{ display:none; }

11 years 7 months ago #68551

The filters will be cleared once your session on your website will be cleared.
You can control that delay with the corresponding option of the joomla configuration.

11 years 5 months ago #80375

Hello,

I am trying to create a filter for the keywords as defined within each product. It works when I set the filter type to text. For any other type, the option keyword is not there. I would like the visitor to click on a keyword rather that have to type a keyword in the text field. Is there a way for the filter to produce a list of keywords?

Thanks in advance.

• Thank you received: 4006
11 years 5 months ago #80444

Hi,

You can pass filter parameters in the url. So you can create your keywords directly in HTML in the view.
Your keywords would have links to the product listing with an extra parameter for the filtering option, which would be "hardcoded" for each link.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 5 months ago #80472

Thanks,

Is there no easier way through the existing filter module?

11 years 5 months ago #80553

There is.
Instead of using the default keyword field, you should create your own keyword custom product field via the menu Display->Custom fields. Make it a multiselect dropdown and select all the keywords for each product.
Then, in your filter select that custom field and the filtering system will automatically use the values of the custom field.

11 years 5 months ago #80751

Hello,

Thank-you Nicolas. I did it as you suggested. Now where can I find the css for the filter, e.g. hikashop_filter_main?

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #80814

Hi,

The css code for the filters is in HikaShop > Configuration > Display in the Frontend CSS File.
You can find some documentation onb how to styling the display here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/faq.html#css

11 years 5 months ago #80914

Hi Xavier,

I have already looked there but there isn't any css for filters ...

11 years 5 months ago #81066

Yes, there is no CSS Applied on them by default. But that's where you can ADD your CSS code for your filters.

11 years 4 months ago #83193

Hello,
I got the business edition mostly for the filter and custom product field mostly.
Unfortunately the filter does not work:
1. I created and published the "price" filter.
2. Created the product_listing menu
3. Created and published the module with the menu Id as suggested in the docs.

When I click on filter it gets me to a new (search like) page but with no products displayed.
If I published the created menu and click on it, the products will show on a freshly open browser (Firefox on Ubuntu Linux).
Weird enough though, after I click on the filter (and doesn't give me anything), even if I click on the products_listing menu it doesn't display anything now. I have to re-start the browser in order to get the menu display products. The filter doesn't display anything regardless.

I can't provide you a link to the website yet as the website is still on my Ubuntu/Server machine for development.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Constantin

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 4 months ago #83363

Hi Constantin,

1. Can you provide us a link to your shop ?

2. Can you show me some screenshot of how did your filters configuration.

Thanks.

11 years 4 months ago #83490

Hello Mohamed,
I do not have the site live yet (still on my Ubuntu linux server laptop for development).
But here you are the screens of the setup.
No results as you can see.
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds