Multilingual content - upgrade to Essential how?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #68647

Hi,

I just set up a shop in English www.volkan-watches.com

Now I want to add Spanish & German Version to it.

I installed in System/Languages the English, Spanish & German language pack...

Now those language files are great - but... I just found out that I need the Essential version to set the products description to a specific language.

I bought the version - but now how do I install it without killing all my shop set up with the free version?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #68814

Hi,

You will need to first install Falang: www.faboba.com/en/composants/falang.html
Then, you can install the Essential edition and turn on the content multi lingual edition in the Languages tab of the configuration.
You won't loose any data by updating HikaShop.
If you have edited some of the files of HikaShop via FTP, please do a backup of these modifications as you will have to reapply them.

11 years 6 months ago #69127

Hi,

As you asked me I downloaded Falang - and now I have a little Link on all of my article pages from FALANG!

I was asked in the Backend of Hikashop that to use Multilingual Support I have to buy a commercial version - which I did: HikaShop ESSENTIAL.

But now I had to download Falang.... and if I want to get rid of the link I have to buy their commercial version as well! I expected Essential to work without any need of buying an additional Component.

1. Isn't there a way I do not have to use Falang - I did various Joomla 2.5 websites without using Falang - isn't there a way no to use falang - and not having to pay again for their comercial version.

2. I think you should state clearly that if you want multilingual support you have to buy a comercial version of Falang - if you do not want their link displayed - which most users do not want.

3. Do I have to translate the whole site with falang now? Or can I still use the normal way to do it as I am used to - using Joomla 2.5 multilingual capabilities?

11 years 6 months ago #69164

Hi,

1. You can do it the joomla way. Duplicate all your products and categories, one per language, as well as the menus of HikaShop and assign the corresponding category to each menu based on the language the menu is assigned to. That might however not be possible to do that if you want to have stock handling not separated per language, and it adds some overhead to the setup of your content in HikaShop.

2. You don't have to buy Falang for the multilingual support. It's only if you want to remove the link/get support. And with some small CSS or PHP modification, you can hide it if you want with the free edition.

3. You can use the normal way for the rest of the website.

11 years 5 months ago #72535

Hello,

I'm using HikaShop Essential on Joomla 2.5.6 and I would actually prefer to do it with Joomla's built-in multilanguage abilities, if possible.
And works just fine with categories and products, but there's one thing I can't figure out - the shipment and payment methods. They always show up in English on checkout.
Is there a solution for this?

11 years 5 months ago #72620

Hi,

Have you installed the language files in: language/es-ES(YOUR LANGUAGE)/es-ES.com_hikashop.ini

If not go to: www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html

Download your language and install it.

11 years 5 months ago #72686

Hello,

yes, the languages are installed and the rest of the shop is translated just fine.
It is only the names of the shipping/payment plugins, such as "Bank transfer", that show up in English as in the attached screenshots. I'm sure I'm overlooking something fairly simple, but I' can't figure it out. :(

Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #72903

Hi,

I was using the component Falang to do that - I think you should have it to... if not you can download it in Joomla Extensions.

Please go to:

Components - Falang - Translation - Choose Language - Choose Content Elements

In your case that would be: HikaShop payment methods and HikaShop Shipping methods - I think.

Hope that helps.

11 years 5 months ago #73214

You would indeed have to do it with Falang as This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. explained and it's not possible with joomla's built in language system.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds