VAT nr registration + number of digits

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #70349

Hi,

I am using the VAT number check. But the problem is that people are confused how to enter they number.
they send me an email that it is not working because they enter it like this "FR XXXXXXXXX" instead of "FRXXXXXXXXXX"
Is there no way to improve this ? or how to show them a sample (how it should be)

Another thing...
I have selected 3 digits after the comma for the product price.
But at the checkout I want price only be mentioned 2 digits after the comma.
How to do this ?

best regards,
JAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13088
11 years 6 months ago #70378

Hi,

That should already be the case with the latest version of Hikashop where we added a check to ignore spaces in the vat number. Are you using an old version of HikaShop ? If so, you could just update and you won't have the problem.

For the price, you will have to edit all the view files of the checkout and remove the call to the format function which display the prices and display them yourself with a call to the round function and you would also have to add the currency symbol yourself.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jan2

11 years 6 months ago #70397

Hi Nicolas,

1) Still this function is not working normal.(even after update)
No space is allowed (please try yourself depotjesfabriek.be/index.php/en/entry-registration/registrate

Another thing: It is also not possible to change an existing VAT nr. (or I have to make a new address)
And as you know visitors don't have much patience when registering.

Does it matter when entering the VAT number they have to hit 'enter' or press directly the 'submit' button (without pressing enter)
Itseems he accept only when pressing 'enter'
We have to simulate all the different situations.

2) Concerning the price... pfff. It feels like I have start all over again. I forget very fast. I guess I will leave it like this. And hope that many other people have the same problem :P ;)

Br
JAN

11 years 6 months ago #70613

Hi,

Well we don't have the problem on our end. Are you using the online VAT check or the format check ?
Because we have added some code to handle that for the format check. But for the online check, it's actually handled by the European VIES system for VAT numbers verification. So it's possible that it doesn't like the VAT number if it has some spaes in it. In that case, you could add the line:
$vat = strtoupper(str_replace(array(' ','.'),array('',''),$vat));

before the line:
$result = $client->checkVat(array('countryCode' => substr($vat, 0, 2), 'vatNumber' => substr($vat, 2)));

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helper/vat.php in order to be nice with them.

11 years 6 months ago #72734

Hi Nicolas,

I have another question concerning the VAT.

Few weeks ago I have activated the 'online VAT check'
Now I am realising that all the existing customers before this period (who had no VAT number) still don't have to pay VAT at the checkout.

When creating a new customer it is working perfectly (but not with existing customers)

How can I fix this with existing customers ?
Is there a way to add VAT on an existing order (that is not payed yet - they will pay by banc transfer)

thank you for you help
Br
JAN

11 years 6 months ago #73075

Hi,

For existing orders, you can edit the products in the order and add the tax amount manually.

For customers who don't have a VAT number in their address, when they do a new order, the VAT should be added automatically on the checkout unless your tax rules are not correct.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds