Brand discount not working ?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #71633

Hi

Before the last upgrade I had discounts set according to Brand subcategories eg. Efco_Brushcutters / Strimmers + Efco_Chainsaws ...

www.tswservices.co.uk/garden-brushcutters-and-strimmers.html

I have two ID's showing in the product categories ... 90 + 91
ID 90 relates to: product category / Garden Sales / Garden Brushcutters / Strimmers
ID 91 is blank and shows no path... If I deleted ID 91, the discount would not show...

www.tswservices.co.uk/chainsaws.html has two items showing... the one on the right has just been added... the one on the left had discount working, until I deleted the ID 92 with no path in Categories.

When I try to add a new path to the Efco_Chainsaws manufacturer category (ID 92) I get the following error.

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/tswserv/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/addcategory.php on line 28

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13088
11 years 6 months ago #71913

Hi,

As far as I know, it's not possible to add discounts based on brands in HikaShop. So I'm surprised that it worked at all before ???
Also, I don't understand your sentence "When I try to add a new path to the Efco_Chainsaws manufacturer category (ID 92) ..."
What is a "path" for you ? In a manufacturer (brand in newer versions) there is only the options name, description, published, image, acl, met description, page title and keywords. There is no "path".

11 years 6 months ago #71967

Hi

I previously added a discount based on 'Manufacturer', which worked and still works on products added before the last upgrade, I apologies for using the term 'Brand' in my posting.

Please find attached screenshot of a product with still functioning discount, in the Categories section of the product no 'Name' (apologies - this is what I called a path) is now showing to the ID 91 (Manufacturer / Brand) (Efco_Brushcutters / Strimmers)

If I try to 'ADD' a 'Name' to 'Categories' in the Product window... 'Manufacturer' is listed in explorer and not 'Brand'

Thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: product_li...hot.docx
File Size:270 KB

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #72414

Hi,

Ok so I can see that you added a brand (or manufacturer) as a category in your product.
Normally, you should not do that and select the brand in the brand option of the product several fields below the description field.

We never intended for users to be able to add brands as categories.
In that case, you should simply not have brands at all and only categories.
You can for example have a product category called "brands" which would be unpublished (if you don't want to be able to navigate the brands via the categories listing on the frontend. Then, below it, have your brands as child categories and add them in your products.
Then, you can use them in discounts etc.

So I would recommend to do that change as it's not a proper usage of the feature and we can't guarantee that it will work in the future the way you're doing it at the moment even if we were to find a temporary hack to make it work for now.

11 years 6 months ago #72443

Hi

I can appreciate that you never intended brands (manufacturers) to be added as categories, where the problem comes in, is different brands (manufacturers) will give different terms, depending on the terms given, different discounts can be passed on to a consumer.

The discount feature of Hika Shop can be applied to a single Product or a Category of products but not a Brand (Manufacturer).

A Category of products may contain many different Brands (Manufacturers) making it impractical to add a blanket Category discount.

High Street shops and Super Markets will often discount a range of Brands (Manufacturers) within a Category of products and not the whole Category.

Thanks for the work around, I will give it a go.

11 years 6 months ago #72737

Hi,

I indeed think that it would be nice to be able to base discounts on brands in the future, like it's already possible for categories. It's already in the todo list in fact.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pit Pony

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds