General Q re Styles

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #72303

Hi There,

What exactly do "styles" cover? For example, I have downloaded a few styles and I thought they would cover the borders etc that occur around modules (like login and currency switcher). For example:

www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/styles-for-hikashop.html (page 22/36) there is a nice border around the login and cart on the RHS.

Is that applied by a STYLE? (and if so did I do something wrong) and if not do I just edit all module displays in the custom CSS?

Cheers,
Susan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13088
11 years 6 months ago #72486

Hi,

By default the borders of modules are deactivated as it's normally the template which displays the border of the modules.
However, you can edit the css file of the style and uncomment the CSS related to the board of the module you want in order to get it on your website.
For example, for the border around the currency switcher module it's that CSS:

/*************************/	
/*Curency switcher module*/
/*************************/
/*module style
.moduletable-switch{
	background-color: #fff;
    border: 1px solid #817651;
    color: #333;
    margin: 15px 0;
    padding: 10px;}

.moduletable-switch h3{
	padding-bottom:5px;
	margin-bottom:10px;
	border-bottom: 1px dashed #817651;
	color:#817651;
	}
*/
So you should remove /*module style and the last */ of that code. Then, you will need to make sure that the class of your module is moduletable-switch. You can configure that with the "module class suffix" option of the joomla options sreen of the module.
Note that you can edit the style's CSS via the Display tab of the configuration.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #72521

SORRY, I am struggling with the last line:

OK, I know where the "module class suffix" box is on the modules. So, in this instance I should enter "moduletable-switch" (as the suffix?) on all the modules that I wish to change the borders on.. hmm wonder if I should alter the template? May need to sleep on this one.. it's not a huge issue, just doesn't appear as I expected and not sure what overrides what.

THANKS!

• Thank you received: 13088
11 years 6 months ago #72783

You should not enter "moduletable-switch" but " moduletable-switch" (there should be a space at the beginning). Then, the module will use the class name defined in the style file that you uncommented as per my previous instructions.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds