carousel links

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #72462

I have a carousel that shows all of our products.

All I want is for the links on the carousel to go to the product pages in my main product menu. They go to the product page but its a different link.

link to site:

65.61.122.164/langkatest/

Main product link from menu:
65.61.122.164/langkatest/index.php/most-...aint-chip-repair-kit

Main product link from carousel:
65.61.122.164/langkatest/index.php/compo...epair-kit?Itemid=116

I tried assigning "Langka Products" in the "Menu" of the details section, but it won't let me select it. It will only let me select one of the products in the menu. Which works better but not what I am looking for.(it still goes to a different link) Can the carousel be made to go to a specific link?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #72769

Hi,

That's indeed that "menu" option that you need to change.
Note that your "main product link from menu" uses the "most popular" menu item, and not "Langka products" which is not a menu item but a menu type (so it's normal that you can't select that).

11 years 5 months ago #72848

Ok...

So I am thinking I set everything up wrong. I should have created my menu type of Langka products (like I did). Then I should have created a first menu item of langka products This I could then assign in the "menu" area of the carousel module. Then created all of the other products under my langka products "product".

I was not sure which to choose for the "menu" option of the carousel module, I have tried almost all of them.

11 years 5 months ago #73152

Yes, that's indeed what you shoudl have done if you wanted to be able to have your modules direct to the "main" menu item of your menu items.

11 years 5 months ago #74065

I tried rearranging my menu so my menu looks like this: Langka Products / Product listing / then my category products. This allowed me to select "product listing" to associate as the menu for my carousel. This still didn't work.

The links are:

From Menu:
65.61.122.164/langkatest/index.php/produ...ucts/blob-eliminator

From the Carousel:
65.61.122.164/langkatest/index.php/produ...ct/4-blob-eliminator

The main reason I want my links to match up is because I want to include a joomla article specific to the product on the product page. As is the joomla article only shows up if the menu item is clicked on from the menu not the carousel. Please advise. I want to do the joomla article so that I can have a short description that shows up on the carousel and then a longer description for the specific product.

Link to the site:

65.61.122.164/langkatest/

11 years 5 months ago #74106

Now I am trying the hikashop default menues.. they are still different links between the menu and the carousel. If I can't resolve this I am going to have to scrap hikashop, which I really don't want to do.. but different links to my products is really messing my website up.

11 years 5 months ago #74171

You have two modules: LANGKA PRODUCTS and PRODUCTS SELECT IMAGE TO GO TO PRODUCT PAGE.
You have one menu called PRODUCTS.
In the "menu" option of your modules, just select that PRODUCTS menu and that will do what you want.

11 years 5 months ago #74327

I did exactly as you said. I added the "Products" menu to the module "Products select image to go to product page" and it still has two links.

the one from the menu goes here I used the "Blob Eliminator" as the example:

65.61.122.164/langkatest/index.php/most-popular/blob-eliminator

This one has more information attached at the bottom of the body

The one from the carrousel goes here:

65.61.122.164/langkatest/index.php/produ...ct/4-blob-eliminator

and as you can see the extra information is missing at the bottom. The extra information is a custom html joomla module. I have it set up this way because I want it to look good on the carrousel. Only a little bit of information needs to be available to the carrousel so that the add to cart button shows. then the extra information is made available when they go to the product page. Maybe there is another way to do this...

11 years 5 months ago #74902

The links are still going to different menus in your modules.
So either you didn't change the option for the correct modules, or you have some cache activated on your website which prevents you from see the changes. So make sure that the caching of the joomla configuration and the cache plugin are both deactivated.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds