Adding PLAIN TEXT to Shop/Product thumbnail Page

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #73085

Hi Again!! (two steps forward two steps back),

Ok, I have a page that shows the thumbnails of my simple products as in the attachment... ALL I want to do is put how much of these funds will go towards charity UNDERNEATH the red price! I looked in the display/view. It isn't even a selectable field.. I just want to write something. I even tried to lengthen the name (you can see how I did this on the first Box "Assorted Christmas (4 Rolls) - $6.00 raised but it won't let me split the $6.00 raised onto a new line!

Sorry if this is a stupid one.. maybe I've just been staring at it too much tonight.

THANKS!

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by SuzyBGood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #73195

SOLVED! (Always easier after some sleep)

Is there an easy way to find out what display page something is on. I use firebug, I can see what the class name is but I have such a hard time finding it in Hikashop since I am new. I bet there is an easy way to find out where to edit things find out what file in Display/View) and I just am just using the hack way of trial/error?

11 years 5 months ago #73202

Not solved (BA wants it in a different PLACE and for the life of me I don't know how to edit.. it's adding some TEXT SHOULD be so EASY but their are files everywhere and I have yet to get a grasp).

Ok. What I am trying to do is put a set bit of text "$6 for your charity" BESIDE the $hikashop_product_price on the thumbnail listing page.

Not sure what that page is in Display/view. I have tried it with characteristics/options but that isn't really right either.. and it's not really a custom field.. its just a bit of text?! (feeling very dumb at the moment).

THANKS for your thoughts!

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #73443

It's the file "listing_img_title" of the view "product" that you need to edit via the menu Display->Views.
If you create a custom field of the table "product", you can then simply display it like that in that view:
<?php echo $this->row->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN; ?>

The following user(s) said Thank You: SuzyBGood

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds